cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 couldn't run on Win 10

alin-5
1-Newbie

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 couldn't run on Win 10

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 I was install this on both Win 7 and Win 10, software could run on Win 7 properly, but when I tried to run on Win 10, I always got the information below.

"Creo Elements/Pro configuration file open error"

ERROR: Unable to launch Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 because no valid configuration (*.psf) files were found. please run "ptcsetup" from your installation "bin" directory and create a PTC Startup File. This is needed for Creo Elements/Pro to launch successfully.

I also already tried many times to run the ptcsetup as error message, but still got the same error.

So I guess the Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 couldn't run properly on Win 10, is this correct?

If so, what version of Creo can work on Win 10 surely? could those file which created from Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 migrate to this new version? how much of the new version?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I would recommend you to copy psf file from Windows 7 installation.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:alin-5)

If you've installed Windows 10 creator, it's likely you'll need to uninstall that update.

Older files can always be opened by the newer software.

You'll need to contact PTC or a reseller (VAR) to get cost information.

Below is a link about Windows 10 issues with the Creators update.

Re: Bluescreen after installing newest Win10-Update

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Is Creo Elements/ProE 5.0 even supported on Windows 10?

I am thinking only Creo 2.0 M190+, Creo 3.0 M060+ and Creo 4.0 are Windows 10 compliant.

thanks for your reply.

but I wasn't installed the creator update in my computer, my company also not apply this software to all PC in AD as well.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:alin-5)

Angus,

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 is not supported on Windows 10. But as per error you mentioned, application if unable to start due to missing startup file (.psf). This file remains in bin folder under installation directory.

You may try re configuring Creo Elemets/Pro 5.0 by executing ptcsetup.bat (RMB > Run as Admin) available under <installation Dir>\Bin.

so now Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 is "officially" not support Win10?

if this answer is correct, then I can have the reason to ask company for purchase the new version and give to me  

Hi,

I would recommend you to copy psf file from Windows 7 installation.

MH

Martin Hanák

It's work! unbelievable! it was failed many time before, but it;s now resolved by your simple recommend.

Now it's comes new issues when using Creo Elements/Pro 5.0.

1.It must run as administrator, otherwise the Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 won't be able to write in c:\windows

2.The middle scroll of mouse not functional in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0, couldn't shrinking or zooming by middle scroll.

But it's fine, I already got the answer I need, thanks!

The correct answer is your!

Hi,

1.] c:\windows is not usual ProE/Creo working directory isn't it ?

2.] try https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/How-to-make-scroll-wheel-zoom-work-in-Windows-10-with-Creo/td-p/412169#412857

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi MH,

You save my day again! the second issue was resolved! thanks a lot!

For the first issue, when I check the Creo on Win 7, it was default on desktop, but on Win 10, somehow it default to c;\windows, I still figure out how to check the working directory.

Hi,

to set working directory:

1.] create shortcut of proe.exe on your desktop and modify its properties ... set requested directory in Start in field

2.] add following option into config.pro file ... file_open_default_folder working_directory

MH

Martin Hanák

My issue were all resolved, thank you.

God bless you, MH, God bless you

Top Tags