cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo Elements Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0: Routed Systems Designer Lite.

mdebower
18-Opal

Creo Elements Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0: Routed Systems Designer Lite.

Okay, I feel stewpid.

Our company has some licenses of RSDesigner_Lite. One of the guys asked how to use it. I can't figure it out... Anybody have any experience getting this thing to run?

I searched the PTC knowledge base, the exploder, and the included help(less) files. Nada, zip, zilch, nothing... It's almost like they DON'T want you to use it.

-marc
CAD / PLM Systems Manager
TriMark Corporation

Trimark Values: Integrity Respect Accountability Innovative Teamwork

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Okay, so here is what I found out so far:

- This is a standalone program called Routed Systems Designer. There is no "Lite" version, the RSDesigner_Lite license allows you to do a subset of the program's functionality.

- The Creo programs have been renamed and a RSDesigner_Lite license will let you run Creo Schematics. (Supposedly, I haven't gotten the program downloaded and installed yet.)

- Once you install the program, it has its own set of help files.

- There are also some videos out on YouTube. (Which my company doesn't allow access to, a whole other story.)

So after chasing this rabbit down the hole, I have found that there was no logical connection between the name of the license and what I needed to do to get the software, download it, install it, and run it. I just assumed it was like Mannikin Lite, and sort of baked into Pro/E. Sounds like something needs to be fixed there...

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

-marc

Top Tags