cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo GPU Acceleration

ptc-4647182
1-Newbie

Creo GPU Acceleration

Hello Everyone,

So I'm looking at upgrading my desktop computer, and I understand that quadro and firepros are the CAD standard for GPU's, but they are both out of my budget and I play games on my PC. I'm wondering then, is Cuda Acceleration (Nvidia GTX) or OpenGL Acceleration (AMD) better for Creo? I'm guessing that AMD cards will run better because I've noticed that OpenGL is always running when Creo is running.

Any help is appreciated,

-Patrick Youssef

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

if you buy R9 290 or GTX770, you don't have to accelerating.

mine is GT240 but i have no problem.

like David says, Creo doesn't push the cards very hard if you don't handle the massive assembly work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

what is your VGA model name?

Well I haven't purchased it yet. I'm looking between an R9 290 or a GTX 770.

if you buy R9 290 or GTX770, you don't have to accelerating.

mine is GT240 but i have no problem.

like David says, Creo doesn't push the cards very hard if you don't handle the massive assembly work.

Thanks, sounds like I got my pick.

You can pick up older versions of cards relatively cheap - like for 10% of the original price. It's almost horrifying at the price drop-off. So far as I can tell PTC doesn't push the cards very hard. Check Olaf Corten's web site for performance machines and what cards they use.

I'm assuming you mean for Quadro/Firepro cards correct?

Top Tags