cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo Notebook Defaults

joojaa
8-Gravel

Creo Notebook Defaults

Does anybody know how to define the defaults for Notebooks? I don't seem to be able to find any configuration options that define the drawing settings for them. Mainly I would like to be able to set the default unit of my notebook to mm. Now, even though I open a drawing template the notebook defaults to inches while all my other documents types open in mm.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:joojaa)

Hi,

Here is the solution:

• There is no such config.pro option specifying a *.dtl for Notebook file(*.lay).
  • However there is a prodesign.dtl which is used for Notebook and located in <Creo loadpoint>\Common Files\<datecode>\text.
  • Change the drawing option drawing_units in prodesign.dtl file from inch to mm.

Article - "Default unit always is set to inch when to create a new notebook file (*.lay) with selecting MM unit format size, for example "A4" in Creo Parametric": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS47744

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:joojaa)

Hi,

Here is the solution:

• There is no such config.pro option specifying a *.dtl for Notebook file(*.lay).
  • However there is a prodesign.dtl which is used for Notebook and located in <Creo loadpoint>\Common Files\<datecode>\text.
  • Change the drawing option drawing_units in prodesign.dtl file from inch to mm.

Article - "Default unit always is set to inch when to create a new notebook file (*.lay) with selecting MM unit format size, for example "A4" in Creo Parametric": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS47744

That is a bit unoptimal, i guess i have to postpone the training session untill we get around to deploying a new version.

Top Tags