cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo Parametic Delay on File Open

DonHoeschen
3-Visitor

Creo Parametic Delay on File Open

Experiencing a 30+ second delay while working in Creo Parametric

Clicking the "open" button on the toolbar causes the delay before the dialog box appears (opening any file from "Recent Files" has no delay)

In an assembly, clicking the "Assemble" button from the toolbar causes the delay before the dialog box opens.

Clicking the "View Manager" button has the delay before the 'View Manager" dialog box opens.

In a drawing, right-click "Sheet Setup" browse for a format causes the delay.

Creo Parametric 7.0.3.0 - Windows 10:  This is a new computer, I don't know if this is a Windows 10 issue or Creo issue.  Previous computer was Windows 7 and Creo 6.

Has anyone had this issue or have suggestions on how to troubleshoot it???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:DonHoeschen)

Just happened to me about 2 months ago. Turns out a IT update installed a new virus/malware protection called Sentinel and that was causing the issue.

You may want to check if you had updates done about the time the slowdown happened.

This is my post for the problem:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/File-Open-takes-about-a-minute/m-p/715672/highlight/true#M26805

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi, 

Are you working in Windchill or on a network drive?

working with Windchill, cache is on local drive C:

More questions... sorry!

How many objects are in the workspace?

Have you tried creating a clean workspace?

Have you tried clearing the cache?

While in Creo, do you have objects in memory when you are experiencing the slowness?

Is the data that you're working on graphically complex?

no problem, thanks for your help!

I have tried this on an empty workspace, cleared the cache and tried it working "offline".  It's the same with a new session or with a large assembly loaded.  It seems to be tied to the file dialog box - the CPU "eats" about 25% (of 10 cores) during the delay.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Just happened to me about 2 months ago. Turns out a IT update installed a new virus/malware protection called Sentinel and that was causing the issue.

You may want to check if you had updates done about the time the slowdown happened.

This is my post for the problem:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/File-Open-takes-about-a-minute/m-p/715672/highlight/true#M26805

new computer came with Sentinel One...

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Lucky you! We are now using it with no problems. I just noticed it was back but with no issues this time. I assume corporate and Sentinel One and PTC figured out the solution. I don't know exactly what it was though.

Soooo....for me, I had to get my corporate IT people to disable it since it was administratively controlled. 

I was able to work significantly faster using the  Graphics Win32_gdi option in my config but that's only good for small stuff and in itself can be very frustrating! It wasn't a good work-around.

Good luck getting a resolution!

Thank you Steve!

ours is also administratively controlled, thanks again for your help 🙂

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:StephenW)

FYI, our company is also switching to Sentinel One.  I was able to reproduce this issue with tech support last week and Sentinel One released an update to their agent which completely resolved the issue.  This is the agent version we're now running if it helps:

TomU_0-1619817495176.png

Top Tags