cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo Parametric 2.0 - Student Edition to Full License Compatibility

jkernot
1-Newbie

Creo Parametric 2.0 - Student Edition to Full License Compatibility

I am having some difficulty with opening files that were made with the student edition in the full version of Creo Parametric 2.0. Every time I try to open a file (.prt and .asm in particular), I get an error message saying "The file "file_name" was created with Creo Parametric Schools Edition and is not compatible with the version of Creo Parametric you are running." Is there any possible way to open these files in the full version? Or is there a strict no compatibility rule between the Schools edition and the Full version? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:jkernot)

No compatibility. You should be able to export as STEP (or maybe neutral) and import that wherever, but that's about it.

It keeps the Student version from becoming a low-end seat replacement without also having to set up continuous license monitoring.

Justin

PTC does not allow to create part,assembly,drawing in Creo Parametric 2.0 using Student licence and then open them in Creo Parametric 2.0 using Commercial license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Justin,

There is a license module available called EDU_COM_CONVERT for converting Educational versioned files into Commercial files. I'm not certain that the converted file will have full features but I wanted to make you aware of it.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS30894

As David suggested, exporting to IGES or STEP might be easier if this is a one-time thing.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ClintWalton)

While there is a converter available, I believe it is only licensed to an educational institute and should be restricted to instructor use only.

An individual with a student license should not be able to purchase the converter.

Top Tags