cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo Parametric 4.0 maximize window problem

dkessler
5-Regular Member

Creo Parametric 4.0 maximize window problem

Creo 4.0 client is installed on many of our computers.  Our newest computer is having a graphics card problem. When I open Creo Parametric and then open a New Model, the Sketch Planes come up just fine. IF I try to maximize the screen, the Sketch Planes disappear.  Then I can not resize the screen without losing the model. If I leave Creo screen untouched, then I can open a model, create a new model, works just fine.  But resizing to any size seems to throw a monkey wrench at Creo.

The computer is laptop HP Pavillion running Win 10 Pro with both Intel Graphics 620 and Nvidia GEForce 940MX. I have gone in and reset the config file so the Nvidia card will be used with Creo. Not sure if that is really happening.

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dkessler)

GeForce cards are not certified for Creo, they are gaming cards, not engineering cards.

You need laptops with Nvidia Quadro cards for Creo.

Check out the PTC hardware page.

I would send a link, but having issues connecting to ptc.com.

Creo 4.0 "Hardware Notes" (and also in attachment): http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/171726/en/creo4_hw_notes.pdf

Top Tags