cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo Parametric Student Edition - Cannot use AFX profiles

cadbart
10-Marble

Creo Parametric Student Edition - Cannot use AFX profiles

Hi! I have installed Creo Parametric Student Edition (for educational use only) on my computer. The program works correctly and there was no errors. But now I'm trying to add a new profile (I-beam) from AFX (in assembly: Framework tab -> New Profile). And again there's no problem with it - Creo gives me the profiles library, I can choose any profile from any category, next I can choose specific profile, and finally I can give dimension for the chosen profile. After these operations Creo shows me New Profile window (shown in the image below)...

creo_community_2.jpg

...and when I try to click Next button, Creo shows the following error (shown in the image below).

creo_community.jpg

This error appears when choosing each profile. Could you tell me, please,  if this is just Creo error and it could be fixed? Or maybe this is not an error and Student Edition doesn't serve operations as above?

Thank you in advance for your answers! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@cadbart wrote:

Hi! I have installed Creo Parametric Student Edition (for educational use only) on my computer. The program works correctly and there was no errors. But now I'm trying to add a new profile (I-beam) from AFX (in assembly: Framework tab -> New Profile). And again there's no problem with it - Creo gives me the profiles library, I can choose any profile from any category, next I can choose specific profile, and finally I can give dimension for the chosen profile. After these operations Creo shows me New Profile window (shown in the image below)...

creo_community_2.jpg

...and when I try to click Next button, Creo shows the following error (shown in the image below).

creo_community.jpg

This error appears when choosing each profile. Could you tell me, please,  if this is just Creo error and it could be fixed? Or maybe this is not an error and Student Edition doesn't serve operations as above?

Hi,

1.]

AFX library included in Creo installation contains files created using commercial version of Creo Parametric. Unfortunatelly PTC does not provide AFX library files created in student version of Creo Parametric.

Note: Student version of Creo Parametric is not able to open files created using commercial version of Creo Parametric.

2.]

Academic version of Creo Parametric is able to open files created using commercial version of Creo Parametric. Try contacting Creo CAD admin at your school and ask him to provide academic license.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@cadbart wrote:

creo_community_2.jpg

creo_community.jpg

Hi,

1.]

AFX library included in Creo installation contains files created using commercial version of Creo Parametric. Unfortunatelly PTC does not provide AFX library files created in student version of Creo Parametric.

Note: Student version of Creo Parametric is not able to open files created using commercial version of Creo Parametric.

2.]

Academic version of Creo Parametric is able to open files created using commercial version of Creo Parametric. Try contacting Creo CAD admin at your school and ask him to provide academic license.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags