cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo Ribbon UI appreciation

LawrenceS
18-Opal

Creo Ribbon UI appreciation

I know that PTC has received a lot of slack for the way they implemented the Creo Ribbon UI.  To be sure, there are things I don't like and could be improved on, but BY FAR it is the best ribbon implementation that I have seen in any other program.  Although selective click (where you have to be on the right tab to select stuff) was a poor decision and remains the UI biggest challenge for users, I specifically appreciate:

• How everything on the UI can be customized (can even create a custom tab to click on anything!😃)
  • How an admin .ui file can be distributed but that the user .ui wins whenever there is a contradiction.
  • How using the same name for a tab and group can now allow for propagation (and can be turned off if desired).
  • Command Search: My favorite feature which is the search functionality that teaches the user where the commands are, and even search custom mapkeys and again highlights where they are in the ribbon.  Still no other program does this this as well as Creo...although every program should!

I just want to extend a thank you to PTC that I appreciate the hard work you put into making it as user-friendly as it is, to encourage you to keep on improving it and keeping it flexible for how various organizations/users use it, and finally to not take away any of this very useful functionality.  Sometimes I think PTC doesn't realize how nice some of the features it has are and then it changes it over an update and takes away some very useful functionality (like WF4--Creo2 removing the tabbed UI...which is currently under consideration to bring back).

Thank you PTC! Lawrence

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags