cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Toolkit startup error

rbadaracco
1-Newbie

Creo Toolkit startup error

I tried to configure Ansys with Creo 2.0 previously, but the configuration failed. I tried many times with different settings until the toolkit startup error message window can't be closed. when i try closing it via windows task manager, creo exits too. In other words, I can't use Creo because the toolkit startup error message window won't let me. I uninstalled and reinstalled creo, but the problem persists every time I open Creo. I need some help, please.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Rudy -

The image you attached showed that you had at least 8 occurrences (maybe 16 or more) of this error message:

Creo Toolkit registry file C:\Users\Rudy\WBPlugInPE162.dat

(from config.pro keyword PROTKDAT)

is a duplicate of C:\Users\Rudy\WBPlugInPE162.dat

While don't remember ever getting this error message myself, it seems obvious to me what it refers to: Your Creo configuration settings in one or more config.pro files has multiple instructions to load the toolkit registry file WBPlugInPE162.dat. The solution to this problem is to edit each config.pro file your installation has and disable the redundant protkdat lines that reference this file. Check your documentation if you don't know all the places where config.pro files might reside.

I can't imagine why this error would be repeated so many times. Could you really have that many redundant protkdat lines?

|+|  M a r k  |+|

bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:rbadaracco)

Hi,

have you found a solution?

We have the same Problem after installation of the 3Dconnexion space mouse driver.

Only one time complaining about duplicated protk.dat file from our Creo Management Tool.

If we delete the driver protk.dat in c:\ProgramData\PTC\Creo2\Plugins the error is gone. But we need to load the dll from this file.

Yes we could integrate the config values in our management tool, but we'd have to delete the driver .dat file after every driver update.

so I'm looking for a "clean" solution.

br Bernhard

bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:bmüller)

It looks like, if the error message only shows up, if c:\ProgramData\PTC\Creo2\Plugins contains any subfolders...

BUT

Creo loads only *.dat files in subfolders from c:\ProgramData\PTC\Creo2\Plugins ...

Creo does not load *.dat files directly from c:\ProgramData\PTC\Creo2\Plugins

tested with Creo 2.0 M170

bmüller
13-Aquamarine

Problem is fixed at least in Creo 2.0 M220...

tfreed
3-Visitor

Bernhard,

Did you simply delete c:\ProgramData\PTC\Creo2\Plugins contains any subfolders in order to remove the pop-up window with "duplicate" warning at startup?

Ted

bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:tfreed)

Hi Ted,

yes, just delete all subfolders from c:\ProgramData\PTC\Creo2\Plugins.

But you will loose the config in the *.dat files. You could manually add the config lines to a .dat file delivered with Creo.

br Bernhard

Top Tags