cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo View 2 publishing adapters publishing issue....

WayneBeck
1-Newbie

Creo View 2 publishing adapters publishing issue....

I am trying to use on server to publish creo and office docs. So the first issue I had a while ago I could not publish office docs. I got side tracked and finally have gotten back to this. So this is what I have found out so far. When I let the GS Worker Daemon auto start on boot I can publish creo files just fine and office docs do not publish. If I stop this service and manually start the worker daemon from double clicking on the app from the folder i can then publish office docs fine and creo files fail. So someone please tell me what in the heck this means. I do get an error message in the proe_setup folder with this in it: "pm_is_portmapper_port_busy: bind failed, error = 10013" I have looked on PTC website and this is in a few calls but very old.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Wayne,

Could be the user that is running the service. When you look at the properties of the GS Worker Daemon service, Log On tab, "This account:" should be selected and a local username and password supplied. We use a user that is a local administrator to the box.

Hope you figure it out!

~Jamie

In Reply to Wayne Beck:

I am trying to use on server to publish creo and office docs. So the first issue I had a while ago I could not publish office docs. I got side tracked and finally have gotten back to this. So this is what I have found out so far. When I let the GS Worker Daemon auto start on boot I can publish creo files just fine and office docs do not publish. If I stop this service and manually start the worker daemon from double clicking on the app from the folder i can then publish office docs fine and creo files fail. So someone please tell me what in the heck this means. I do get an error message in the proe_setup folder with this in it: "pm_is_portmapper_port_busy: bind failed, error = 10013" I have looked on PTC website and this is in a few calls but very old.

When two interacting applications (like the Pro/Application Manager and the Pro/Intralink Dataserver) are running on separate hosts, it happens that one of hosts (called the client program) requires the execution of a C procedure on the other host (called the server program). This request is called a Remote Procedure Call (RPC), identified by an RPC program number.

This RPC requires a connection being established between the client program host and the server program host, and a TCP/IP port must be dedicated to this connection.This is the purpose of a portmapper service to map RPC program numbers on TCP/IP ports, so that when a client program makes an RPC call to a given program number, portmapper will tell him the TCP port where RPC packets should be sent.

The PTC/PORTMAP service is a portmapper service dedicated to the PTC Applications.Currently, the PTC portmap service is only used for internal communication between the PTC application manager and other PTC products.The need for the Portmapper was initially intended for Windows 2000 machines only,

Please check Article :https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS49331for further details

llie
16-Pearl
(To:WayneBeck)

Wayne,

Did you get the both to publish at the same time? We have a ProE worker set up called proe_setup as specified in the MCAD Adapters Guide and another one to publish docs call GenericDocumentWorker. Each one of these uses different ports specified in the its accompanied GS Worker Daemon. Here is an example:

Name

• GS Worker Daemon 601 - uses port 601

• GS Worker Daemon 602 - uses port 602

• GS Worker Daemon 603 - uses port 603

• GS Worker Daemon 604 - uses port 604

• GS Worker Daemon 605 - uses port 605

• GS Worker Daemon 606 - uses port 606

Actually

• Port 601-604, Four ProE Cadworkers pointing to 4 different PDMLink test servers

• Port 605, Document worker

• Port 606 - CADIQ worker for model comparison

From doing a lot of test, we found out in our senarios that you can't have multiple cadworkers using the same port.

Top Tags