cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo View 4.2 Installation of PDF plugins

slapha
15-Moonstone

Creo View 4.2 Installation of PDF plugins

I'm having a dilemma and PTC Platinum support isn't really offering me any good answers at the moment.

In our previous installation of 4.0 we had a script to manually push the CreoView_Acrobat_Plugin.msi to install because we frequently have users install, but not use the PDF function until after their elevated privileges would expire. Which they would then get a popup to run that .msi file when they tried to view any PDF or content published as PDF.

This is all well and good until our Adobe Acrobat got updated in stages. Which preceded to break each and every Creo View PDF plugin. Now we get about 5 tickets a week to fix PDFs in Creo View.

In my setup for 4.2 I've learned some things.

1. In the command line, /vADDLOCAL="ALL",  should not have a space between /v and ADDLOCAL.
Not sure how I missed it or if it worked differently for 4.0. But now in 4.2 it will install the PDF plugins with the install and not have to run the CreoView_Acrobat_Plugin.msi.

2. You can add the CreoView_Acrobat_Plugin.msi as part of the CreoSetup.ini so it will install Creo View core and the MSI. Both will show up as separate line entities in the Installed programs list.

We are trying to get the install set up within our EP free install portal.

My question becomes, which is better to handle when Adobe Acrobat updates and users need to fix their Creo View.

Of course no option will be automatic. Though which would be the best method for the install portal.

Just run the .MSI? Uninstall-Reinstall? Run the install again?

Unfortunately I don't really have the environment or ability to test Acrobat updates. It's pushed from above.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I'd also like to give a shout out to my idea posting:

Embed PDF Viewer within Creo View

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags