cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo View Lite 2 silent uninstall

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Creo View Lite 2 silent uninstall

I have been working on a silent uninstall batch file for Creo and I'm trying to include Creo View Lite. I can't get it to work. I found one post that said this works:

wmic product where name="Creo View 2.0" call uninstall

It says it uninstalled successfully but it doesn't. It's still installed.

I was able to figure out how to find the uninstall MSI file but it's tricky.You can run the command:

wmic product | findstr /C:"Creo View 2.0" > 123.txt.

This will have the uninstall file: C:\Windows\Installer\da969cb.msi. What can be done is to use the command: for /F "tokens=xx" The wmic command above puts that (C:\Windows\Installer\da969cb.msi) into the 22nd token. That's as good as I can figure out. But will it always be the 22nd token or would it change?

Does anyone have a reliable way of doing a silent uninstall of Creo Vew Lite?

Steve G

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
lhughes
6-Contributor
(To:STEVEG)

You can use the following wmic command to uninstall all instances of Creo View

wmic product where "name like '%Creo View%" call uninstall /nointeractive

This will have wmic search for any registry install string that includes Creo View to call the uninstaller. If multiple versions of Creo View are installed it will uninstall all of them.

Note that I have a "%" character both before and after Creo View. This will capture all versions of Creo View (1.0, 2.0, 3.0) and account for the fact that with Creo View 3.0 PTC renamed the string and program to "PTC Creo View 3.0"

Also note that with the command there is a combination of double quotes and single quotes to group information together and that after specifying the search criteria '%Creo View%' ther is a single qoute to close the search string followed by a double qoute to close the "name like" statement.

Hope this helps.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Fantastic! That worked perfectly. It also uninstalled the Creo View ECAD Adapters. Thank you!

Steve G
RonThellen
14-Alexandrite

An alternate method which eliminates the multiple quote styles would be:

wmic product where (name like "%Creo View%") call...

Ron Thellen

proed
1-Newbie

Hi folks

Thanks for the information about uninstalling Creo View with wmic... I have a related question (with a PTC Tech support ticket open at present):

Has anyone had success installing Creo View and Creo Agent via command line during the Creo install, using this or another method?

Currently, users will see popup installers for View/Agent on first launch of Creo, and many do not have permissions to install. We would rather include it with Creo.

I've experimented with wmic today (example below) - but had no proper success yet.

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks

Edwin

wmic product call install true,","C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\install\addon\Thumbviewer_32_64.msi" /nointeractive

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

There is documentation to do so in the appendixes of the Creo 2 install guides and David Haigh covered it in his Admin talks at the last couple of PTC Live events. I've used it and it works pretty well.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
proed
1-Newbie

Thanks Steve for a very quick reply, this looks like it will do the trick:

"C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\install\addon\Thumbviewer_32_64.msi" /passive

Exploder response in record time, I'll mention this method to PTC Tech support.

Cheers

Ed

In Reply to Edwin Muirhead:

Hi folks

Thanks for the information about uninstalling Creo View with wmic... I have a related question (with a PTC Tech support ticket open at present):

Has anyone had success installing Creo View and Creo Agent via command line during the Creo install, using this or another method?

Currently, users will see popup installers for View/Agent on first launch of Creo, and many do not have permissions to install. We would rather include it with Creo.

I've experimented with wmic today (example below) - but had no proper success yet.

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks

Edwin

wmic product call install true,","C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\install\addon\Thumbviewer_32_64.msi" /nointeractive

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Turns out both commands work if you type them into a command prompt. But if you include them in a batch file they don't.

Using the version with the parenthesis closes the batch file.

The version with the single quote says No Instance(s) Available.

Any ideas about how to get it to work when using a batch file?

Steve G

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Thank you to Mike B who reminded me to use a double percent sign.

wmic product where "name like '%%Creo View%%" call uninstall /nointeractive

Steve G
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Now I can't find the commands for the silent install. I looked that the Creo View Installation Guide. But it only mentions about using the CreoView_32.exe or CreoView_64.exe.I assume that's forthe full version of Creo View. The version I am using hassetup.vbs.

Anybody know how to silent install Creo View Lite 2.0 or where it specifies the syntax?

Steve G

CreoView "Lite" is the same software as the licensed CreoView. Same installer, same install procedure, just not licensed.
Top Tags