cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo and Windchill saying the same version but showing different parts

ptc-5384567
1-Newbie

Creo and Windchill saying the same version but showing different parts

We are having problems on our FIRST team with Creo and Windchill interacting.

Everything starts working fine, but somewhere along the line Creo stops showing checked-in parts and assembly changes by others.

The version numbers match in Creo and Windchill, however nothing we do will update the part visually in Creo. This causes lots of errors, overwrites, and general problems.

We have Erased Displayed, removed from workspace and re-added, updated current, updated all, refreshed, etc. Anything we can think of...

Yet, when the part is opened (even if deleted from workspace, creo shut down and re-started), the part is the old changes, but with the current version number.

If we create a new workspace and then open from there, everything is fine... however, while collaberating, we run the risk of updating (which does say to replace with the new verision so it all seems like it is working) but when we checkout, make changes and check back in, we have blown away others work.

This often causes parts to go missing or contraints to be messed up.

Has anyone experienced this (I assume so as it happens so often with us) and what changes or best practices will prevent this?

Thanks,

David Dammann

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5384567)

Try a regen with both parts and see if they are the same. I have had it before where I made changes and saved. The parts were correct, but when I opened them, somehow it was getting the "new" part until I regen'ed. If that works, save both after the regen.

What you are describing is pretty rare as a search of questions here and via Google will show.

Are there multiple users on one machine? There may be a permissions problem that causes this conflict.

Also, try posting the question to the Windchill section on PTC User. It's free to participate and there are some heavy-weight Windchill users over there.

Top Tags