cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo doesn't start any more. Windows Update

HF_9910337
4-Participant

Creo doesn't start any more. Windows Update

Creo Parametric 7.0 does not start anymore. I suspect a Windows update (Windows 10; operating system build 19042.928) or something about the hardware could be to blame, because it also affects other design software, such as Prusa Slicer and Fusion 360. It can't be due to the system requirements because it used to run without problems. rIf I reinstall the software (current version) it does not get better. When I want to start the software, it appears briefly in the task manager under background processes and also disappears again immediately. The mouse turns into an hourglass, as normal. That is all that happens. No window opens. I just recently installed the software; then it started twice, now it doesn't. I suspect if I reinstall the software it will not get better. Maybe someone has an idea what the problem could be. All drivers are up to date. My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad P53s; hard disk Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB; processor Intel Core i7 -8565U; 16 GB RAM. I have deactivated Firewall and Windows Defender without success. Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:HF_9910337)

Try switching your graphics to win32_gdi and running Creo Parametric.  This will determine if the issue is graphics card/driver related.  If Creo Parametric runs using win32_gdi, you need to update your graphics drivers.  If you have multiple graphics cards (intel on the motherboard + a separate NVIDIA card for example), you can use the graphics card control panel software to force the system to use the secondary card for all OpenGL operations.

Regards,

Dan N.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Chris3
20-Turquoise

Sounds to me like you have some antivirus software that is killing the program. You can run windows event viewer (eventvwr.exe) and see what gets spit out when you launch Creo.

dnordin
15-Moonstone

Try switching your graphics to win32_gdi and running Creo Parametric.  This will determine if the issue is graphics card/driver related.  If Creo Parametric runs using win32_gdi, you need to update your graphics drivers.  If you have multiple graphics cards (intel on the motherboard + a separate NVIDIA card for example), you can use the graphics card control panel software to force the system to use the secondary card for all OpenGL operations.

Regards,

Dan N.

HF_9910337
4-Participant
(To:dnordin)

OK, thanks for the hint. I found a part of the problem.

I have my Notebook and two additional screens with a docking station running. After unplugging the docking station Creo opens normally.

I will check if there is an update for the driver of the docking station

HF_9910337
4-Participant

OK, after updating the docking stations firmware and the driver, Creo still doesn't open when the docking station is plugged in. For now i can use Creo, but I wish to run it with the additional screens two.

Has anyone an idea what i can do?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Is it possible that it is launching just on a screen that isn't turned on while your docking station is plugged in?

HF_9910337
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

No that is not possible due to the fact that Creo disappears in Windows Task Manager immediately.

FYI: I am running the WAVLINK USB-C Ultra 5K Universal Docking Station (article number WL-UG69DK1)

HF_9910337
4-Participant
(To:dnordin)

Indeed I have two graphics cards build in. One from Intel (UHD Graphics 620) and One from NVIDIA (Quadro P520).

After disabling the graphics card from Intel Creo works fine even with docking station.

Great thank you for your help.

HF_9910337
4-Participant

I had installed the Lenovo customized graphics driver on my Lenovo Thinkpad machine and not the one from intel directly.

After installing the driver from intel, the system now runs with docking station and with all graphics cards activated.

Thanks again

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It could be your license file.

Are you running a local license or getting a license from a server pool? 

If local, the docking station will trigger a different IP address than the laptop itself.

Run PTCStatus when on the docking station and when standalone.

HF_9910337
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

I think it is a lokal license file because when i am completely offline creo normally starts on my laptop. It is the free student license.

I see no difference between what ptcstatus shows on the docking station and when standalone. And when i unplug the Ethernet cable from my docking station creo still does not start. The ip adress than is provided via wifi as without docking station.

I also can not see how the Creo license can affect the other 3D designing tools like Prusa Slicer and Fusion 360 which completely behave the same.

Top Tags