cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo doesn't start

agörtz
1-Newbie

Creo doesn't start

Hey.

I had this Problem already last year with Creo 2.0. Now it´s the same with Creo 3.0. If I want to start the Program it doesn't start. When I click the icon of Creo on my desktop only the "loading ring" appears for around one scond and that's it.

Do you have any ideas what the Problem could be?

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

try to locate std.out (withy current creation date) in startup directory and publish its contents.

Also:

• check license availability
  • add graphics win32_gdi at the end of config.pro files

MH

Martin Hanák
mahlstrom
6-Contributor
(To:agörtz)

Hi,

Do you get the Creo 3.0 splashscreen on startup? What OS are you currently using?
We have had two incidents with Creo 3.0 and Windows 10 (Creo did not start). Required a complete OS reinstall to fix the issues. Event viewer listed exception codes for xtop (failure to start).

First, run reconfigure.exe with administration rights. Then, try to start Creo without any config.pro files. Check for application errors in the Event viewer if the program does not start.

Additionally, check that your firewall is not blocking the following: xtop.exe, ptc_d.exe, nmsd.exe. These have to be allowed.

It's always a good idea to update the drivers for the GPU (The latest or certified by PTC).

/Mikael

Hi.

I had "fixed" the problem by using another windows 7 user. Now, after a reinstallation it doesn´t work anymore on all windows 7 users.

So, it works on my computer. Do you know what the problem could be that it used to work on one user and on the other it doesn't?

Thanks.

AG

Hi,

if the problem is "user related" then you can try to clean user profile directory:

• open Windows Explorer window
  • type %APPDATA% in address field and press ENTER ... Windows translates variable callout into real user directory
  • rename/delete PTC sub-directory
  • launch Creo

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi.

I "solved" the problem! While trying to solve it i found out, that also cmd.exe did not works / directly shut down after starting it. So I assume that I had some malware and simply reinstalled Windows. Now it works!

Nevertheless thank's for your help.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:agörtz)

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct for those who may search on this topic.

Top Tags