cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo format location: Removing grid lines

olliecampbell
6-Contributor

Creo format location: Removing grid lines

Hello,

I'm currently using Creo 6 and have re-setup my format and drawing template. This is my first time using grid locations within the format, but have managed to work out how to add one and format the column and row details.

One question though. How do I remove the associated gridlines so that they only exist on the outer edge of the sheet and don't cross into the drawing area?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I understand ... you want to use gridline functionality -AND- you can't see complete gridlines. Unfortunatelly such combination is not implemented.

To simulate requested functionality (in format), you have to:

• define gridlines
  • sketch short lines (in format) that overlap gridlines
  • place notes with numbers/letters that overlap grid numbers/letters 
  • hide gridlines

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:olliecampbell)

You don't need to.  The grid lines are not visible during printing or export.  Depending on your config settings, they probably won't even show up the next time you start Creo, nor will they appear for anyone else.

olliecampbell
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Hi,

I've just tried creating a drawing using my new template and format file and the location grid is definitely there across the contents. Even if I PDF it it stays.

If I turn the location grid off in the format it's not seen in the drawing or PDF.

Anything else I can look at?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:olliecampbell)

If we're talking about the same thing (draft grid), this is only a display setting.  You don't create a grid or delete a grid, you only choose whether to display it or not.  The draft grid should never appear in a PDF.  I would say there is a bug if it does...

olliecampbell
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Hello,

Sorry, I may have not explained myself properly here. I meant hiding the location grid in the formats....I've attached a close up of what I mean with some very snazzy arrows 🙂 I want the grid lines to stop at the inner border.

Hi,

I understand ... you want to use gridline functionality -AND- you can't see complete gridlines. Unfortunatelly such combination is not implemented.

To simulate requested functionality (in format), you have to:

• define gridlines
  • sketch short lines (in format) that overlap gridlines
  • place notes with numbers/letters that overlap grid numbers/letters 
  • hide gridlines

Martin Hanák

That's a real shame. I do have to say, setting up formats and drawing templates really has been a difficult operation. It feels like it should be a lot easier!

Either way, a day later I'm there! Thank you.

Hi,

to simulate "partial gridlines display", sketch short lines (in format) that overlap grid lines.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags