cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo is saving all my documents as Creo Versioned Files! Help!

awalter
1-Newbie

Creo is saving all my documents as Creo Versioned Files! Help!

I'm just trying to save pdfs from online. I save them as Adobe Acrobat pdfs and then when I check MyDocuments they are saved as Creo Versioned Files. I don't have Creo Parametric running or anything. So I have no idea what's going on.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:awalter)

Windows is responsible for calling them Creo Versioned files; Windows has no idea what the actual type is and depends on a Registry setting. In your case someone likely right clicked a PDF file and selected Open With and mis-selected the Creo application while the check mark - Use this Application was selected.

To fix this, repeat the operation of selecting a file, chose Open With, and then (making sure the check box is checked) pick Acrobat.

An alternative is that the files have numeric suffixes, which Creo installation associates with Creo. But Acrobat would not seem them as PDFs anyway.

Top Tags