cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo keeps crashing and freezing my computer

jthompson-3
1-Newbie

Creo keeps crashing and freezing my computer

I continuously get an error message while using Creo 3.0 that states the following:

"The Creo Agent did not initialize correctly.  Working in this configuration is not supported because some functionality such as Windchill operations and embedded browser actions will not work.  It is recommended that you exit this session and check the Creo Agent Installation."

After I close that message, my computer freezes up completely.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like Creo Agent wasn't installed or was not installed correctly.  It was an option at install.  If you have an academic license, Creo Agent must be installed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sounds like Creo Agent wasn't installed or was not installed correctly.  It was an option at install.  If you have an academic license, Creo Agent must be installed.

mahlstrom
6-Contributor
(To:jthompson-3)

Hi,

1. Try to reconfigure Creo. Go to the installation path <drive>:\PTC\Creo 3.0\M110\Parametric\bin and run reconfigure.exe. Try to start Creo after reconfigure. Do you still get the message?

2. Check, that your firewall/antivirus is not blocking Creo platform agent. You can add the .exe as an exception in advanced firewall setting (new rule - program)

2016-11-14_14-18-54.jpg

3. Try to start creoagent.exe directly. Check that it starts in the task manager.

4. If none of the above solve the issue, reinstall Creo using run as admin.

Let us know the results.

Hi Jason,

Did any of Mikael's suggestions help resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Amit

I ended up purchasing and installing the AAX extension after my original post and had trouble figuring out how to install the license update.  I called tech support and they helped me through it.  After that, I haven't had any issues with my system freezing up.  I think the issue is that I didn't properly install the license initially.  Now everything seems to be running smoothly.  Thanks to all for your help!

Jason,

If that did fix it then you should mark the post as answered.

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:jthompson-3)

Jason,

Check the following:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS225528

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS182686

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS244548

You don't mention what build code of CP3 or WC version you're using.  Also, after you get the message, is the creo agent actually running?  If you get the message because of the issue listed in CS225528 and the agent is running, you can ignore the message.  We get that all the time.  The issue in CS244548 caused us to not implement M100 or M110 because the user logs into WC, selects the workspace, and CP3 hangs (the resource pages were not part of the issue for us).

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags