cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo licence services is getting killed or blocked

ICAD_Support
13-Aquamarine

Creo licence services is getting killed or blocked

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 9.0 (connected) Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.0.0

As we are authorised reseller for PTC .
Recently we have notice that after installation of creo 9.0 , there is some issue with network licence services .

Our 3-4 client have continuous problem with network licence services., The services is getting stop we have also tried delayed service and automatic service start and stop.

But services is still getting killed . In some case we also completely re installed the system ptc and also formatted the system but still no change .

We have also log few compliant with support but in long run the it doesn't help ...

Can you please suggest something permenent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to Windows 10 and the PTC License Server. This has been an ongoing issue for a very long time. PTC will tell you that it is a Microsoft problem and Microsoft will tell you that it is the way PTC is installing the service.

The only "fix" that I have found to work mostly reliably is to install the very old license server that came with Wildfire 5 and then patch it with the newer executable. Recently even this has started to be removed by Windows when it does a scan for malicious software.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Couple of things come to mind:

1. What exactly do you mean by "service is getting killed"? Does Windows service is stopped or flexnet's processes are disappearing? Is lmadmin.exe or ptc_d.exe still running and if not, which one of those is getting closed?

2. Have you checked logs for lmadmin and ptc_d? What are the last entries for them?

3. Are there Microsoft VS C++ Redistributable libraries (2013/2015 and newer) all installed on the server machine? I've notice that lack of those libraries often can cause various problems with flexnet server.

4. Have you tried switching to lmgrd (by performing manual installation) instead of lmadmin to see, if the problem is still present?

1. service is running as it should, but client pc are not able to fetch license(Status is unavailableBUT ,if I Stop and re=start the services the license is available. 

2.  I will upload the log file soon

3. I will check for VS C++ Redistributable ( I am not sure that they are install or not ) 

4. Yes,  I have tried manual installation and also same was done by PTC Support team 

@ICAD_Support wrote:

1. service is running as it should, but client pc are not able to fetch license(Status is unavailableBUT ,if I Stop and re=start the services the license is available. 

2.  I will upload the log file soon

3. I will check for VS C++ Redistributable ( I am not sure that they are install or not ) 

4. Yes,  I have tried manual installation and also same was done by PTC Support team 

Hi,

if I understand it well then license manager is running on server without any problem. Because of this log file will not contain any error message.

Please check how license server is identified in:

• license.dat on server
  • ptcstatus.bat and parametric.psf on client

Both resources must use the same typ of identification ... IP address -OR- name -OR- fully qualified name.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

please upload C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\logs\ptc_d.log from failing license manager installation.

The above file belongs to lmadmin_ptc service. NOTE: You can deinstall it and use FLEXlm server for PTC service (based on lmgrd.exe).

Martin Hanák

Welcome to Windows 10 and the PTC License Server. This has been an ongoing issue for a very long time. PTC will tell you that it is a Microsoft problem and Microsoft will tell you that it is the way PTC is installing the service.

The only "fix" that I have found to work mostly reliably is to install the very old license server that came with Wildfire 5 and then patch it with the newer executable. Recently even this has started to be removed by Windows when it does a scan for malicious software.

Top Tags