cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo license Feature names

jim1
9-Granite

Creo license Feature names

We are installing new subscription licenses (updating from perpetual) and I need to inform users how to use the reconfigure command to update their startup file. I'd like to make it clear to users what licenses they will see when they run it. I believe that the feature name for Creo Engineer II with Advanced Assembly is PROE_EssentialsIIM. Does anyone know the feature name for Creo Engineer III?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:jim1)

@jim1 wrote:

We are installing new subscription licenses (updating from perpetual) and I need to inform users how to use the reconfigure command to update their startup file. I'd like to make it clear to users what licenses they will see when they run it. I believe that the feature name for Creo Engineer II with Advanced Assembly is PROE_EssentialsIIM. Does anyone know the feature name for Creo Engineer III?

From our license files:

Creo Essentials = PROE_EssentialsM

Creo Essentials Team = PROE_EssentialsIIM

Creo Engineer III = PROE_EngineerIII

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

@jim1 wrote:

From our license files:

Creo Essentials = PROE_EssentialsM

Creo Essentials Team = PROE_EssentialsIIM

Creo Engineer III = PROE_EngineerIII

jim1
9-Granite
(To:RandyJones)

Thanks Randy!

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

if you open your license file in Notepad, you will see Summary Table containing Feature names and Product names. See example below.

#**************************************** Summary Table *******************************************************
#                       PTC Host ID 00-11-22-33-44-5
#FeatureName            Qty        Product                            Release   Type    Expiration     Contract
#**************************************************************************************************************
#PROE_EssentialsIIM       2     Creo Essentials Team                     Creo 5.0 Flt Lic mm-ddd-yyyy xxxxxxxx
#PROE_EssentialsM         4     Creo Essentials                          Creo 5.0 Flt Lic mm-ddd-yyyy xxxxxxxx

Martin Hanák
apigato
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Good morning,
is it possible to customize the license file name to clearly distinguish the different types in the list of floating licenses?
Thanks
Andrea

Hi,

I am sorry I do not understand your question. Please provide an example.

Martin Hanák
apigato
4-Participant

When I reserve a floating license, the window with the list of available
licenses appears.
Instead of setting a custom name manually in each client, I would like
it to be displayed directly from the license name set in the server.
Did I explain myself better?

Thanks

Hi,

if you launch Creo, following window appears containing a list of start configurations.

start_window.png

Descriptive names are extracted from files with psf extension which are located in Parametric\bin directory.

Martin Hanák
IT_heidolph
5-Regular Member

Hi Martin,

is it possible to rename the FeatureName?

we have the problem that we have creo 2.0 and creo 4.0 running.

both have the same featurename: PROE_EssentialsI

we tryed to rename it in the licence-file and imported it.

on the floating server everything seems to be correct (...\licensing\license.dat : PROE_EssentialsICreo2), but on the client we still have the old status (PROE_EssentialsI).

is there any way to change the featurename?

Thanks alot

Willem

Hi,

I think you cannot change feature name on INCREMENT line, see below

INCREMENT PROE_EssentialsI ptc_d ...

The simpliest solution how to separate Creo 2.0 and Creo 4.0 licenses is to move Creo 2.0 licenses to different license server.

Martin Hanák

If Creo 2.0 and Creo 4.0 is not installed and used on the same PC, then (I think) it is possible to configure FLEXnet license manager via ptc.opt file. You have to study User Guide and PTC Knowledge base to find solution.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:IT_heidolph)

If you create multiple PSF files, you should get the option to choose which one you execute.

You may NOT edit anything in a license file except the server lines at the top of the file.

You can also create a custom BAT file that calls a specific PSF file. I do this for the 3 licenses that I manage. The users are given the batch file shortcut that I choose for them. They have no idea of the other configurations that we have.

IT_heidolph
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

First of all, thanks for your replies.

@BenLoosli But you dont have the problem, that featureName is the same, right?

my problem is, that i just see one licence with PROE_EssentialsI in the licencemanager. But if one licence (creo 2.0) is in use, the program takes automaticly the second licence (Creo 4.0).

in licence.dat the licences are separated but still have the same name.

when i use two psf files, i guess i have the same topic.

@IT_heidolph 

If license is same but of different version, psf cannot distinguish that.. If you have an option of Options file customization in license server, you can plan for reserving the license for users on version basis. Article CS58260  may provide some information. 

Top Tags