cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo on Linux: best practice

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Creo on Linux: best practice

Hi there,

is there anyone, who managed to run Creo Parametric on a Linux machine?

I was able to start the installation in "wine", but it always has problems installing the "Platform Agent".

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Mat)

In the past I attempted to "wine", not for a Linux machine, but for OS X (a Unix based OS, too), though not Linux. I also tried to install Creo within a Virtual Machine. Never got it to work. I suspect that even if I could surmount all the hardware emulation difficulties (graphics, handling all the licensing communications, etc.) it would likely be very clunky.

I did what you might have already done, too, in that I checked on the Wine site as to what they had tested and all that for Creo. Unsurprisingly, the current rating for using Wine to run Creo 9.0 is "Garbage". There's insufficient interest in doing so for enough people to suffer through all the testing they'd need to do to get it to be acceptably functional. If that's even possible.

Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:Mat)

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:Chris3)

Thanks, but I already did 🙂

Top Tags