cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo over VPN

LM_10170419
4-Participant

Creo over VPN

We are having an issue using Creo over our VPN. When retreiving an assembly over vpn it is very slow and users are seeing a performance hit. When a user goes to retreive an assembly a bunch of temp files are written to their home directory which is on a network drive. Is there a way to change the creo home directory to use a local folder and not a network drive? Or does anyone have any other work arounds for this? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
rreifsnyder
14-Alexandrite
(To:LM_10170419)

You probably want to adjust the shortcut that is used to start Creo, you can change the folder that Creo starts in. I could definitely see some issues with the working directory being on a network drive and ESPECIALLY over VPN. There may be other issues but years ago I ran into issues where the trail file was saved on a network drive and it seriously affected performance. The trail file is updated constantly while Creo is open and that seems to be the issue.

rreifsnyder_0-1723471837088.png

If it is an option for you, Remote Desktop over VPN works very well.

Hi @LM_10170419,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags