cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo paramteric help center

Kishore_K
14-Alexandrite

Creo paramteric help center

When i click on creo parametric help button, a new window is displayed with esupport page? How do i get access to creo parametric help centerimage004.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Kishore_K
14-Alexandrite
(To:Kishore_K)

But when I click on Creo Parametric Help button, why it is directing to esupport page when help center is already installed?

Creo help button.jpg

Hi,

to avoid "jump" to web page:

1.] install Help Center locally on your PC

2.] configure Creo startup psf file properly

Creo startup psf file located in Creo bin subdirectory must contain following variable definitions:

• Creo2 ... ENV=PTC_HELP_CENTER_URL=pathToDirectoryContaining_creo_help.exe_file
  • Creo3 ... ENV=PTC_PMA_HC_URL_3=pathToDirectory_creo_help_pma

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Originally I was getting error when I click on the PTC creo parametric help icon within CREO 3 parametric session. I went ahead and edited the psf file by adding the variable that you have mentioned. However when I click on the icon again it opens the default home page set up within my Internet Explorer. Could you advise what I need to do to ensure the help page opens correctly?

thanks,

Ananth

Hi,

Have you tried to set the Environment Variable directly in windows?

Which URL is displayed in the browser address bar?

btw. works for Creo 4.0 & 5.0 the same. Just replace the last digit:

• Creo Parametric — PTC_PMA_HC_URL_4
  • Creo Direct — PTC_DMA_HC_URL_4
  • Creo Layout — PTC_LCD_HC_URL_4
  • Creo Render Studio — PTC_RENDER_HC_URL_4
  • Creo Simulate — PTC_SIM_HC_URL_4
  • Creo Options Modeler — PTC_OPTM_HC_URL_4

br Bernhard

The problem was reported only for CREO 3; For CREO 4, we are good with the help center. 

Top Tags