cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo/pro2(m030) NOT STABLE

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

Creo/pro2(m030) NOT STABLE

Hi,

We switched from proe wf4 m210 to creo/pro2 m030 3 weeks ago and experiencing a lot of crashes on the very basic functions:

file save -> intermitent crash or lock up

file save as-> intermitent crash or lock up

switching between creo windows -> crash

PTC has already multiple SPRs opened on these issues - to be resolved in m050 or m060

D

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
15 REPLIES 15

Just an FYI:

We've been using M020 since December with no real stability problems. Not sure if you want to try that build or not.

In Reply to Dmitry Ushamirsky:

Hi,

We switched from proe wf4 m210 to creo/pro2 m030 3 weeks ago and experiencing a lot of crashes on the very basic functions:

file save -> intermitent crash or lock up

file save as-> intermitent crash or lock up

switching between creo windows -> crash

PTC has already multiple SPRs opened on these issues - to be resolved in m050 or m060

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Dmi3U)

If you install builds in their own folder structure, you can load an older build without issue.
Never load an older build overtop of a newer build as not all component files are replaced at each build.

When Wildfire 1 released a pre-production version, I loaded it to see what it looked like. Created a sketch of a square, went to extrude it and POOF wildfire crashed. I could repeat it every time. Always gives you confidence in what will be released if something that simple fails.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.
davehaigh
11-Garnet

A lot of our issues with Creo 2.0-m030 have been due to just a few items.

* Graphics Drivers - Check that you are on at least a supported driver. The latest driver isn't always the best one.

* 64bit OS - Run the embedded browser in a separate process. Config option windows_browser_type ie_in_sep_process

* Background Upload - I watched a user consistently make Creo become unresponsive, by picking File Checkin, while the software was still uploading the file he just saved. We have dm_secondary_upload AUTOMATIC, & dm_upload_objects AUTOMATIC, which causes the system to upload to the server side workspace when the user saves. Waiting for the background upload to finish before trying to checkin solves the problem. But it shouldn't happen. We are looking to increase the Apache Keep-Alives to see if this solves the problem. See TAN 1433113 & TPI 141707. Hopefully this will help.

* Internet Browser History Setting - In Internet Explorer Right click in the top boarder and make sure that the Menu Bar is check marked. From the Tools menu, pick Internet Options. In this Dialog Box, pick Settings under Browsing history. In the settings Dialog, make sure that the setting Check for newer versions of stored pages: is set to Every time I visit the webpage. Then pick OK.

* Biggest issue has been users using their old config file, lock stock and barrel. Or not understanding how to use the new config editor and ending up duplicating the entire loadpoint config in their personal config.

David Haigh
llie
16-Pearl

Dmitry,

All of the points mentioned below will cause intermittent crashes and
slowness.
Older graphics drivers have always caused crashes on users machines, but
like mentioned by David, the latest is NOT always the greatest in the
Creo World.
We use the embedded browser, but we have it set to 32 bit because users
have had issues when it was set to 64 bit.
Local config.pro has always been an issue here too. Users do a Save All
instead of a Save Changed. I have a couple users with local config over
5 MB. Even though start up was really slow they never reported it
because they thought it was normal since it was a gradual thing. I was
finding up to 20 incidents of the same mapkey.

Lance J Lie
Information Technology
SAS IT Info. Solutions App. Eng.
Space and Airborne Systems
Raytheon Company

+1 310.616.1551 (office)
+1 310.426.4968 (cell)
+1 310.647.0315 (fax)
-

2000 E. El Segundo Blvd.
El Segundo, CA 90245 USA
www.raytheon.com

Raytheon Sustainability

This message contains information that may be confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the
addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or
any information contained in this message. If you have received this
message in error, please so advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Dmitri et al,

Our PTC TSAM told us to avoid Creo 2 releases below M050 due to quality issues. If I recall correctly M060 should be the release to go for.

/Peter
dgallup
4-Participant

Oh goody, Creo2 M060 should be out by the end of June, only 15 months after the F000. Sounds about right.

In Reply to Peter Wessberg:

Dmitri et al,

Our PTC TSAM told us to avoid Creo 2 releases below M050 due to quality issues. If I recall correctly M060 should be the release to go for.

/Peter
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

My thoughts exactly. And then play Creo releases against Windchill releases and PTC wonders why it takes 2 years between upgrades for their customers.

If your product is so crappy it takes 15 months and 6 releases to get it stable, then wait a bit longer for release and give us something useful.

I came from a Unigraphics world after 15 years and we seldom had to wait 15 months for a release we could trust. In fact there is only one release those 15 years that we did not install the initial release and that was because of an enhancement we had asked for that did not make the initial release date. It was in a later build, about 6 months later.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

we also went to M030 2 weeks ago and experience crashes and freezing, we are now testing M040, sometinmes as simple as selecting Table in a drawing

Do you guys and gals remember when PTC used to have major releases every 6 months. That was a lot of fun. Gooood times!

Bob Schwerdlin
Design Engineer,
Dukane Corp.
2900 Dukane Dr.
St. Charles, IL 60174 USA
630-797-4974 direct
-

We are running Creo 2.0 M020 with no stability issues. I also agree with Ben and always install my builds into different folders. If a new build has issues, I simply change the path on our start up script and everyone is back on the previous build.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

So, it is 4/26/13 and I am downloading m050 now (it was supposed to be out 4/17/13, just showed up today in the downloads)

Let’s see…

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I actually downloaded it on the 24th. Only 1 week late.

Steve G
JOES
1-Newbie

So I downloaded it, as in the file called
MED-100WIN-CD-390_M050_Win32-64.zip & setup.exe does not want to start in
Win7 64. Did I grab the wrong file? It claims to be both 32 & 64 unless
I am reading it wrong.

Thanks & have a good weekend all,
Joe S.

RonThellen
14-Alexandrite

We are having the same problem, opened a call with PTC and an SPR has been opened. We got around the problem by overwriting the M050 setup.exe with the one from the M040 build!

Ron
llie
16-Pearl

All,

It is not a PTC related issue, it is a Windows 7 extraction issue. You can
only use Winzip to extract the PTC files. We have ran across this with
other zip files and realized the same thing with PTC files.

If the file was created in Winzip, you can only use Winzip or 7zip to
extract the files. Windows 7 extraction corrupts the files that have been
zipped with Winzip.
Top Tags