cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo3.0 m120 installation hangs

msteffke
13-Aquamarine

Creo3.0 m120 installation hangs

Yet another issue with Creo 3.0 rollout.   Hoping others have seen this.  I've have a couple machines that have hung after you make your selections select the final install button.   They both stop at the same place.  The cpu sits at zero %, that is after you wait 5 minutes for task manager to start.   This has happened on a fairly new machine.  The kicker is I quit out, tried again.  It all installed.  But it wont run at all.  No errors nothing even comes up.  This is clicking parametric.exe, not an icon.     Coupled with the Creo Agent errors that still have not been solved by PTC tech's 6 hours remotely digging into our workstations ( I commend them they are working diligently on this) its hard to have any confidence in the this software actually creating geometry accurately when it struggles to copy a file and set an environment.

Both hung installs have stopped at this exact point.

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:msteffke)

Mark Steffke‌, Something is definitely messed up with the installer for Creo 3.0 M130 (long hang every time something is picked) and I've had a similar issue to what you're seeing above with Creo 4.0.  On the other hand, Creo 3.0 M120 installed just fine for me.  Two suggestions.  First, try just installing base Creo without the extra "stuff".  Second, try installing the extra "stuff" first.  You can find the individual installers in the "\install\addon" folder.  (For Creo 4.0 I had to do this to work around CS262160.)

Hi,

some users reported installation problems, when their IT set too strict security rules in Windows. If this is your case then I suggest test Creo installation in default Windows installation.

Note: On my Windows 7 PC, I have never had problems with Creo installation (any version). I install Creo into following directories ... E:\PTC\Creox_Mxxx

MH

Martin Hanák
msteffke
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Martin.    I understand what your saying.  But all the Computers here have the same security, and many installs have went OK.    As an update I just had a chanced to try again.   Still no luck on this machine.  I uninstalled any previous attempt.  renamed the appdata/local/ptc folder for safe measure.  Removed any trace of the creo agent, or the PTC folders.  Reboot.  Same thing.   I will try Tom's workaround next. 

This is a machine that's just over a year old.   Its just hard for me to accept it being a computer/hardware/os/security issue when EVERY other piece of the  business software installs and runs without issue.   Are you listening PTC?  This is an embarrassment.

Hi,

my last tip ... create new local admin account, login as this new user and launch installation.

MH

Martin Hanák
msteffke
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

As it stands now I have 4 Workstations with these install issues.  I can see the writing on the walls.   re-install windows.   That's a big and costly price to pay.

I don't know the cause, but way back in Creo2 F000, there was an issue where it would not let you reconfigure the software if the registry had a different path to the install directory than the software currently had. I'd search the registry for anything related to Creo Parametric. Believe me there are lots of things in there. Delete them all and see if that fixes the issue.

msteffke
13-Aquamarine
(To:davehaigh)

No doubt to me its a registry issue.    Starting with m120 something has changed with the install.  m110 did not have these issues.

Top Tags