cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Custom Bill of Materials in Assembly Mode

wbottis
12-Amethyst

Custom Bill of Materials in Assembly Mode

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to customize/tailor the Bill of Materials report in assembly mode so that the headers can be specified as parameters?  For example, instead of the default column header 'Name' I would like it to be 'Title'.  I would also like to create additional column headers. Thank you.

wbottis_1-1652212791538.png

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:wbottis)
wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks, Ben.  I did see that, but was looking for something for simpler people like me.  I will take another look if this is the best we got.  Thank you.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:wbottis)

It looks more complex than it really is. Once you get through the example and see how each level is built it makes more sense.

Are you using Windchill, too? You can also do Structure reports from the assembly detail page and export them to Excel.

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

I will dig into the example.  The second suggestion sounds like a good one as well.  I will take a look at that too.  Thank you!

Hi,

also consider the creation of temporary drawing containing repeat region table. You can export it to csv file.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags