cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Customize screen and ribbon in Creo 2

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Customize screen and ribbon in Creo 2

I seem to have lost my ribbon and quick access toolbar in Creo 2. What is the file that it is stored in now and where is it located? It used to be config.win but that's not it anymore.

Thanks,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

This is now the "creo_parametric_ customization.ui" or "creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui" files.
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Thanks to Shane and Andy who quickly got me in the right direction and Bernie who pointed out the PTC problems.

The file name is "creo_parametric_customization.ui" or "creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui" The location is, well, not very well defined.

My customization file happened to be in my .wf folder which is where PDMLINK stores it's local cache stuff. That's the reason I lost it, as I had expected, because I had deleted my .wf folder due to a local cache problem.

The file can also be located in your loadpoint/text folder, your start-in directory, or as Bernie pointed out, in any folder you set as working directory because once you change directories, CREO wants to store it in the current working directory. This will create multiple copies. Fortunately I am in PDMLink so I generally don't have to change directories.

I am going to move mine in to the start-in directory where my personal config.pro is so it makes sense to me.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Creo Admin 101
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Great info David. I had seen you send this out before but this is the first time I had a good reason to review it.

Thanks.

Top Tags