cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

DXF to PADS

ptc-2748576
1-Newbie

DXF to PADS

Hi, I am having the problem that when going from WF3 to WF4 my ECAD supplier can not read the DXF file. He is using PADS. Does anyone know if the DXF translator has changed from WF3 to WF4? Perhaps I just have a wrong setting in my config-file. Help? Thanx
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Niels Under the options for Pro-E, do a search for DXF. There is an option to save DXF to particular release, i.e. 2000. I don't know PADS, but I would think it might be set to only read a certain release of DXF or an earlier release. In the upgrades to Pro-E I have seen that the DWG release is set to a newer, although not the latest release of ACAD. Regards Eric

I've had this same problem where I can't read my own DXF files out of WF4. When writing the DXF file, the default version is now 2007. Setting this to 2004 has solved this for me. There is a list box where you can set this once at the beginning of a session. I haven't explored whether you can change the default, but I would imagine you can if this extra step becomes a pain.

I already tried out the different versions of DXF (2007, 2004, 2000 etc.) without success. Anyway, I have now raised the question to PTC, and waiting for an answer. I'll keep you posted. But still, if anyone has the clue please let me know? Thanx
Top Tags