cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Delete drawing sheet without selecting it?

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Delete drawing sheet without selecting it?

I've got a multi-sheet drawing, and one of the sheets, if I select it, will invariably cause a fatal error and subsequent dump out of Creo (I'm running Creo 2.0, M160, by the way). I notice that the little pop-up preview that happens when I hover over the sheet tabs doesn't look like the sheet in question at all, probably a clue.

Anyway, as a last-ditch attempt before I totally delete the drawing and start again, does anyone know if there is a way to delete a sheet without first selecting it? I can't seem to find any way to do this, but maybe there's a command that is just not in the ribbon?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:JLG)

I tried this trick already, and it seemed to work, at first, but then when I re-opened the drawing a little while later, it caused the same troubles.

What did seem to work, however, was installing the latest build code (M200) of Creo 2.0. The mystery remains unsolved as to what caused the problem, but for now things appear to work. I don't know what to mark as the "correct answer".

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

I dont' think you can with CURRENT functionality, BUT you can with old functionality still available if you have a mapkey that will get you to the menu manager.

The one I use is my sheet next, sheet previous mapkey  (less than symbol (shift comma)) and it bumps to the previous sheet and pulls up the old menu that lets you remove a sheet by sheet number that you key in.

mapkey <          @MAPKEY_LABELPrev Sht;\

mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_NAMEGo to the previous drawing sheet (d);%~done; %~done; #Sheets;\

mapkey(continued) #Previous;

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:StephenW)

Is your map key calling another map key?

mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_NAME

There is always more to learn in Creo.
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kdirth)

No, that's the tool tip help line (or something like that). That was something from years ago that I held on to. Don't remember where I got it but its useful for reasons other than previous sheet.

Really the mapkey is just

%~done; %~done; #Sheets; #Previous;

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kdirth)

Ahhh, for simplicity, use this one...mapkeys OLD SCHOOL using sh as the mapkey call

mapkey sh #sheets;

Here are a few things to try.

1. When you do a File>Open, on the side of the open button is a drop down. Use "Open Representation" and "No views". This avoids calling up any geometry that may be the cause of your crashing. Then delete the sheet as you normally would.

2. Try replacing the format, there might be a problem in the format on that sheet. (yeah, it is a remote possibility)

3. If the crashing is caused by a bug that has been fixed by PTC. It is not always applied to each drawing because it could affect the drawing views. To try applying these, go to File>Prepare>Drawing Properties, Detail Options> change.  Add to the drawing options file update_drawing all. (ref CS31562).

I ended up re-doing the drawing. Everything was based upon brand new geometry and drawings, so there were no legacy contaminants causing trouble. Once I recreated everything, all seemed well, but just now when I opened the file again it crashed, hard. I have narrowed down the trouble to (I think) views of an assembly that have components blanked. Once I deleted the sheet with those views, things seemed to behave normally. I'm downloading the latest build of Creo 2.0 (M200) to see if that corrects the problem. It's definitely something buggy in there.

The saddest thing about this fiasco is that the design is just for a wooden crate to ship a delicate part. It's simple wood stuff...

I've had drawings fail because of model geometry. Not just assembly stuff, either. It's a real pain to track down; hours and hours wasted. I ended up having to delete and recreate features to get it to behave.

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Another option would be to create a new drawing, then use (Layout tab) Insert > Copy from Other Drawing [I refer to the Creo 2 ribbon].  You can copy whatever portion of another drawing you wish into a new one.    Then you can save the new drawing under the old name (overwriting it).

I usually use this when there's something wrong with a drawing that I just can't figure out; this seems to clean up any funny business.

As always, your mileage may vary...

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:JLG)

I tried this trick already, and it seemed to work, at first, but then when I re-opened the drawing a little while later, it caused the same troubles.

What did seem to work, however, was installing the latest build code (M200) of Creo 2.0. The mystery remains unsolved as to what caused the problem, but for now things appear to work. I don't know what to mark as the "correct answer".

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Mark your post as the answer, installing the new build solved your problem.

Top Tags