cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Delete mapkeys from company settings, use mapkey in config.pro only

Mirui
6-Contributor

Delete mapkeys from company settings, use mapkey in config.pro only

Once Creo start up, it loads tons of mapkeys that form corporate level.

Personally i have my own mapkey saved in config.pro

Very often, some shortcut will have conflict.

How to let Creo only use mapkey that defined in config.pro?

9 REPLIES 9
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Mirui)

@Mirui wrote:

Once Creo start up, it loads tons of mapkeys that form corporate level.

Personally i have my own mapkey saved in config.pro

Very often, some shortcut will have conflict.

How to let Creo only use mapkey that defined in config.pro?

Hi,

Creo reads following configuration files during startup:

• Creo_LOADPOINT\...\text\config.sup
  • Creo_LOADPOINT\...\text\config.pro
  • USER_HOMEDIR\config.pro
  • START_IN\config.pro (START_IN set in Creo shortcut definition)

I think if mapkeys are defined in config.sup then you cannot rewrite them in your personal config.pro.

If config.sup is not available then the last mapkey definition is valid ... this means you can rewrite corporate mapkey with your own mapkey.

Please explain what conflicts you met.

Martin Hanák

continuation ...

When you start Creo, you can open Mapkeys dialog box and Delete all existing mapkeys. Then you can load your config.pro to activate your personal mapkeys.

You can automate mapkey deletion using AutoHotkey script - for example you can define script which clicks left mouse button 100-times (when mouse cursor is located on Delete button).

Martin Hanák
Mirui
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

Do you have more detail on this script? An example or reference webpage will be helpful.

Thanks.

Mirui

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Mirui wrote:

Hi Martin,

Do you have more detail on this script? An example or reference webpage will be helpful.

Thanks.

Mirui

Hi,

if you want to use AutoHotkey script, then you have to:

• install AutoHotkey software ... go to https://www.autohotkey.com/download/ page
  • create script ... see uploaded script.ahk file
  • start script ... double-click script.ahk file to do this (new icon appears in taskbar - green square with white H character)
  • start Creo, open Mapkeys dialog box, place mouse cursor on Delete button
  • activate script ... press "Window" key + Z key on keyboard

Martin Hanák

... the simpliest solution = remove tons of mapkeys from ...M080\Common Files\text\config.pro

Martin Hanák
Mirui
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for reply. I checked text folder that there is no config.sup, only config.pro.

When i open config.pro in the ...M080\Common Files\text, it has tons of mapkeys.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

We put company required mapkeys in the text/config.pro file and that file cannot be edited by the users. We also have a single install of Creo on a server that everyone hits, so I only have 1 text/config.pro. The users then have their own confog.pro files in their local working directory. I do copy a site specific config.pro to their home directory when they launch Creo. I have different settings for Windchill and some folders since I have two Windchill systems that the users have to chose from my starts-up script.

It makes sense to have the different config.pro files so you can do company settings, project settings and user settings. It may take a little work to get them right. 

Loading the mapkeys doesn't take any time so why do you feel you need to delete them?

If it is the lettering conflict, work with the system admin to have the company mapkeys be at least 3 characters and begin with a standard letter, like 'c'. Then any user mapkeys can be created and you can begin them with 'u'.

Depending on your company setup, the recommendations to just delete the mapkeys in the system load config.pro might be a problem. In our setup we recopy our config.pro setup into place on a regular basis so that any of our updates are automatically pushed in to the users. This means that you might have to either have to go back and delete the mapkeys again and again or if you do something to break the company update process, you might miss out on important changes from the company perspective.

Your mapkeys should load last and therefore "win" if the mapkey trigger is the same. The problem would come in if the company mapkey was a single letter (not recommended in my opinion) and therefore triggers before your mapkey (ie, company mapkey is "m" and yours is "mp"). If this is the case then my best recommendation would be to try to get your company to stop using single letters or else you need to change yours. 

To prevent "single letter" problem, user can launch his mapkey from Mapkeys dialog box.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags