cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Designate pro_mp_mass using modelcheck

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

Designate pro_mp_mass using modelcheck

We want to push the pro_mp_mass attribute into Windchill, however its not currently designated on any parts.

What I want to do is have modelcheck run on save but only check this parameter, then designate it if not already.

I have tried setting:

MU_ENABLED = Y

PARAMCHECK = Y (for save)

and in the start file I have PRT_PARAMETER PRO_MP_MASS REAL EQ PDM

Is there something else I am missing?

7 REPLIES 7

@khimani_mohiki 

MU_ENABLED (ModelUpdate) will work in Interactive mode only. 

Changing from Save to Interactive will help you to designate the parameter. 

Hi Mahesh, I have got this to work with other parameters but it wont work with PRO_MP_MASS or any of the reported mass properties

@khimani_mohiki 

ModelCHECK can designate non-reserved parameters only, any parameter available in Reported or alternate mass properties cannot designate. 

PTC excludes several of the official PTC Creo parameters from working with ModelCheck. Is there an official list of reserved parameters? I would argue that making sure one of those parameters is designated should be allowed.

@lhoogeveen 

I don't have any ready list...   

but same is documented at https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS123291

Alternatively you can try creating a new parameter and in relation you can equate that new parameter to PRO_MP_MASS.

Then you can use the new parameter to be designated through ModelCHECK.

I added a comment to my existing product idea ModelCheck PARAMCHECK - More options please! to include this.

Top Tags