cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Difference between licenses EssentialsIIM and EssentialsM

Kevin76
6-Contributor

Difference between licenses EssentialsIIM and EssentialsM

Hello All.  We are currently trying to verify our license allocation for our users.  We have been trying to identify any specific differences between the capabilities/abilities between the two licenses, that the designers/drafters will recognize.  So far, we can't really find anything when doing side by side comparisons.  I see that there are differences in the Configured Option Modules that the EssentialsIIM pulls (ASSEMBLY, Layout_3D_Integration, NOTEBOOK, Options_Modeler_Basic, PROCESS_ASM and web.link) as additional modules, but other than that we are not sure.  We don't even believe we use any of the additional modules, and I can't seem to find them defined anywhere as to what they do.  We want to be sure we are distributing the licenses as we need.

Does anyone have a good understanding of what the additional modules are and could you please explain?  Maybe we are using them and just don't recognize it.  Also, does anyone have a solid understanding of the two different licenses and why you would need EssentialsIIM?

Thank you for any input you can offer.

2 REPLIES 2
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:Kevin76)

EssentialsIIM gives you the top down design features in ASSEMBLY and NOTEBOOK modules:

• ASSEMBLY includes (no doubt missing some in my list...)
  • NOTEBOOK gives you
    • notebook formerly layout

PROCESS_ASM give you process assemblies where you can document manufacturing steps.

Layout_3d_Integration: don't know about this one might be related to the NOTEBOOK module

Options_Modeler_Basic: a light pretty much useless version, imho, of the Options Modeler.

The "biggies", imho, are ASSEMBLY and NOTEBOOK modules that give you the top down design capabilities.

Kevin76
6-Contributor
(To:RandyJones)

Thanks Randy. 

I'm guessing because we don't really use any of those modules or additional features, is the main contributing factor to my not knowing what they are.  I still don't really know what NOTEBOOK is for.  I've done a bunch of Googling and looking through the forums, and it seems like it is intended more so for being used with Pro/Program or Pro/Process_Asm?  Is that statement correct?

I guess too, the extra features of ASSEMBLY are something my company would never use.  We are very heavy into family tables still.  We need part interchangeability and rapid BOM updating/creation for ECNs or new product developments.  External copies could lead to lots of time in "trim part" (is that term still used?) and drafting corrections.  I don't even see an INTERCHANGE ASSEMBLY, in the command search, I only see INTERCHANGE and it points to the View Manager under substitution and is grayed out in every possible active window I can think of.

Anyhow, I did find a lot of information on the extra modules yesterday after posting, you have pretty much just reinforced what I learned.  It doesn't seem that the differences are that substantial.  I'll have to keep digging unless someone has some better explanations.  Thanks for taking the time to respond, it did help verify my suspicions.

Kevin

Top Tags