cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Different Item number on different profiles in AFX

FM_10496372
5-Regular Member

Different Item number on different profiles in AFX

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.2.0

I am using AFX and i know there is an auto number and auto generating name for parts and assembly. Is there a way to have the Item number generator different for each profile type? I'd like to have in my assembly a naming scheme for parts like this:
PROJECTNAME_I_BEAM_01;
PROJECTNAME_I_BEAM_02;
PROJECTNAME_I_BEAM_03;
PROJECTNAME_U_BEAM_01;
PROJECTNAME_PIPE_01.
Instead of actual naming scheme:
PROJECTNAME_I_BEAM_01;
PROJECTNAME_I_BEAM_02;
PROJECTNAME_I_BEAM_03;
PROJECTNAME_U_BEAM_04;
PROJECTNAME_PIPE_05.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @FM_10496372,

that is not possible at the moment with AFX. Is there a particular reason why you want the counter scheme like this?

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi again,

okay I figured out a little hacky way to stop afx from increasing the number. You can add a relation in your assembly that sets the profile_number parameter to a fixed value: PROFILE_NUMBER = 0

If you set that then AFX will always verify if the name is free from counter 1 and iterates thru all possible names until a free name is found. This could lead to some performance issues in large assemblies, but theoretically it should not cause any harm.

Hope this helps.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH
FM_10496372
5-Regular Member
(To:SamuelBrantner)

Hi Samuel,

the reason is that a company i work for uses this particular naming scheme for their parts with an incemental number for each type of parts:

-HEA/HEB beam are named H01, H02, H03, and so on.

-IPE beam are nambed IP01, IP02, and so on.

-PLATES and sheet metal parts Z01, Z02, Z03 and so on.

etc.

Top Tags