cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Disable plotter pen?

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

Disable plotter pen?

I am trying to setup a plotter configuration to create TIFF images in Pro/E WF 4.0. I have the .pcf and pen table files (copied from existing config) configured and everything is working perfectly except for one minor detail. The problem is that our drawing formats have a box outlining the area where the drawings are stamped when paper copies are created. The idea is that the drafter should stay out of this area when creating the drawing, but it shouldn't show up when the drawing is plotted. Unfortunately, every time I create a TIFF image (or Postscript file) it draws the stamp outline.

After a bit of tinkering I have figured out that the line style/color for the outline is associated with pen 8 in the pen table file. What I would like to do is simply disable pen 8 so the box is not created but I can't figure out how to disable a pen. I have tried setting the color to white, the thickness to zero, and even tried commenting out the pen 8 definition. No matter what I do, the outline still shows up.

Is there a way to just turn off the pen so it doesn't plot anything?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

To the best of my knowledge, you need to manage this with a drawing layer.

If this is not the case, I am all ears.

I figured out another way to do it...

Instead of using TIFF I ended up using color postscript and set pen8 to white. This gives me the small file size I'm after without displaying the outline.

Top Tags