cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Does Widlfire 4.0 / 5.0 work on Windows 10?

zrehlander
1-Newbie

Does Widlfire 4.0 / 5.0 work on Windows 10?

At work my computer is acting up in the morning so the IT guy told me to update to windows 10 (currently running windows 7). We are still running wildifre 4.0 on most of our engineer's computers and mine is running 5.0 so I was just wondering if these would still work for us if we all updated to windows 10.

Thanks,

Zach

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update: I have windows 10 on my laptop so I brought one of our licenses over to my laptop and the program (Wildfire 4.0 and then 5.0) still ran. The only thing that did not work was the mouse middle scroll wheel for zooming in and out. This was an easy fix though, you just have to open your mouse and touch pad settings and disable "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them."

Capture.JPG

Other than that Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 and 5.0 seem to be working perfectly on windows 10 so if I had to guess I'd say all versions of Creo Parametric would also work on 10 since they are newer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

ask IT do backup your disk and test it. If it does not work, go back to backup.

MH

Martin Hanák

we are going to try that as a last resort, he thinks it will be an overnight job to backup everything.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:zrehlander)

They are not certified to work by PTC.

You may get them to work by using Win7 compatability mode.

Creo3 m090 and above is certified for Win10.

Not sure what build of Creo2, if any, is or will be certified.

Update: I have windows 10 on my laptop so I brought one of our licenses over to my laptop and the program (Wildfire 4.0 and then 5.0) still ran. The only thing that did not work was the mouse middle scroll wheel for zooming in and out. This was an easy fix though, you just have to open your mouse and touch pad settings and disable "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them."

Capture.JPG

Other than that Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 and 5.0 seem to be working perfectly on windows 10 so if I had to guess I'd say all versions of Creo Parametric would also work on 10 since they are newer.

and I did not have to mess with any of the compatibility modes.

Top Tags