cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Download Installation Image for Creo 2.0

jpmarsh
4-Participant

Download Installation Image for Creo 2.0

Hi Everyone.

I am asking a similar question to another, but the availability of the Academic Installation file in that "solved" topic is no longer valid. (https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Creo-2-0-install-disk-files/m-p/361188#M3024)

I have a perpetual floating license for Creo 2.0 and I am currently running M040 and have no complaints. I have no maintenance program so I have no support services. I also have no physical disks for this edition and would like to manage my computer hardware risk (recovery) by making the installation image available for re-install.

If anyone has the disks, I would be happy to purchase them from you, or a copy of your disks, or I could download the image of the disk if you make it available for download. I could further offer you a DropBox share that would allow you to upload your image.

Please let me know if you have any ability to assist.

Thank you,

Jay

email: jay@innovega-inc.com 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jpmarsh
4-Participant
(To:jpmarsh)

Status Update:

After downloading the Installation Images for the Main Program and the Help files provided to me by my Reseller (Tri-Star), I have successfully installed and operated the M250 build of Creo 2.0 using the existing License Server on the first machine.

I consider this to be solved, and closed.

Thank you to all who helped with ideas and solutions.

Jay

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

You might be able to get them from either PTC or from the VAR you purchased them from originally.

jpmarsh
4-Participant
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I agree with your position. I am working with a VAR and he believes he has downloaded a 4GB file that meets my request, but we have not closed the deal on getting it accessible to me, yet.

I'll keep you posted, but I believe this is likely the most effective path.

Jay

jpmarsh
4-Participant

Status Update:

After downloading the Installation Images for the Main Program and the Help files provided to me by my Reseller (Tri-Star), I have successfully installed and operated the M250 build of Creo 2.0 using the existing License Server on the first machine.

I consider this to be solved, and closed.

Thank you to all who helped with ideas and solutions.

Jay

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Creo uses no registry settings so you can just burn the installation folder to a USB drive or a DVD.

My install of Creo 2m240 is about 2.8GB.

When I install CreoView Adapters, I just copy the network install folder over to the CreoView machine and it runs fine.

jpmarsh
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

This may also work well. I was not sure how much they integrated the Registry into their installation, so if I can replicate the already installed copy to a network storage location, then I may have a ready solution in house.

Thanks, I'll let you know if this works as expected.

Jay

jpmarsh
4-Participant

At the moment, my POC at the VAR has provided me with a FTP link that has allowed the download of the M250 build, which is the only edition supported by the Support Website. It appears to be what I need.

I will also try the direct folder copy, just to see if that is faster and easier.

Top Tags