cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Drawing Options config

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Drawing Options config

In the last several months, the standards for our drawings have shifted slightly. Is there a quick way to change 8-10 parameters in the drawing config files with out have to change each one individually?

Also, is the a master list somewhere that shows what all the options (drawing and model) are and what task they perform?

Thanks,

Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:James62)

My VAR stopped in last week and helped with a couple of issued that I had.

For fixing the drawings individually (WF5/Creo):

1. The drawing.dtl file was modified to the speicifications that was wanted on each configuration.

2. While in the drawing is open, File/Drawing Options:

3. In the pop-up window, pick the Open Icon (The folder opening icon).

4. Select the .dtl file that you need. (In my case drawing.dtl).

5. Select Apply.

6. Select Close.

7. Regenerate the drawing and the new specifications are in place.

Thanks to all for your help. Dale

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I believe that after you change the .dtl file you're using, you'll still have to individually load all the dwgs and reload the .dtl file. Be aware of the need to check the dwg if you're changing text style, height, or aspect ratio.

Currently I am changing the parameters in each individual drawing.

What is the name of the .dtl file? (i.e. drawing.dtl, config.dtl?)

Thanks,

IIRC, the .dtl config is tied to the drawings once it is created. When you edit the list, it is the complete set (published). Each line has a description of what it is. You can type that config option in help and you probably get the exact same description but it may link you to more information. if you are on maintenance, you might be able to get to knowledge base, which could again add more info.

You can export one of the drawing's .dtl file and import it to other drawings... but be careful because it may overwrite settings that yoiu did not intend to overwrite.

I think a "config compare" funtion would be a nice tool to have.

hi Dale,

Have a look at the config.pro option called drawing_setup_file

The name of your *.dtl file can be whichever you choose.

~Jakub

@Jakub

this option will only work for new drawings if your drawing template does not have a .dtl attached

@Dale

if you can create a mapkey which loads a modified .dtl into a drawing you can use pro/Batch or Spekan Batch to apply this mapkey to a list of drawings.

Reinhard

Yeap,

Thanks for pointing that out.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:James62)

My VAR stopped in last week and helped with a couple of issued that I had.

For fixing the drawings individually (WF5/Creo):

1. The drawing.dtl file was modified to the speicifications that was wanted on each configuration.

2. While in the drawing is open, File/Drawing Options:

3. In the pop-up window, pick the Open Icon (The folder opening icon).

4. Select the .dtl file that you need. (In my case drawing.dtl).

5. Select Apply.

6. Select Close.

7. Regenerate the drawing and the new specifications are in place.

Thanks to all for your help. Dale

Top Tags