cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Drawing format for academic use

ProFeature
13-Aquamarine

Drawing format for academic use

Hi

I am looking for a drawing format for academic use. mm, ISO, 3rd angle.

I'm looking for format that templates of standard part and assembly template will be linked to parameters (DESIGND_BY and DESCRIPTION)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ProFeature wrote:

@MartinHanak I appreciate your willingness to help.
I'd like to use these two parameters in drawing format.

ProFeature_0-1708006911133.png

Thank you

Hi,

please read https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r10.0/usascii/index.html#page/detail/to_retrieve_model_parameters_in_drawing_using_format.html#

-AND-

watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGT85r_f8Dw video (start at 10:00).

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

This Creo Parametric tutorial video shows you how to create a drawing template to automate and speed up the process of creating 2D production drawings for parts and assemblies. It covers such topics as: Converting a drawing to a template Importing a format Defining template views Making tables for
12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

I'm afraid you'll have to create them yourself.

Martin Hanák

Hi @MartinHanak 

I found some formats and templates in the folder: C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo ##.#.#.#\Common Files\creo_standards\formats.

Unfortunately, no format from what I found there or in the subfolder is suitable and is not linked to a standard part or assembly.
This makes me wonder why the default standard parts and assemblies have parameters that aren't associated with anything.

Thanks

Hi,

Youtube ... creo create drawing format ... you will get a list of useful videos.

Martin Hanák

It saddens me that Creo does not address issues like these.

Academy users don't have a VAR or MCAD manager to help them with these issues. No surprise that students are "pushed" to use other CAD software...

Hi,

if you have a specific problem, ask and I will answer you. Don't complain that you don't have what you want.

Martin Hanák

Thank you

@ProFeature wrote:

Thank you

Hi,

please read https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r10.0/usascii/index.html#page/detail/to_retrieve_model_parameters_in_drawing_using_format.html#

-AND-

watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGT85r_f8Dw video (start at 10:00).

Martin Hanák
This Creo Parametric tutorial video shows you how to create a drawing template to automate and speed up the process of creating 2D production drawings for parts and assemblies. It covers such topics as: Converting a drawing to a template Importing a format Defining template views Making tables for

Thank you @MartinHanak 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ProFeature)

You are using the Student version of the software. It is for YOU to learn how to use it. Experiment, try different things, use YouTube videos to get ideas and examples.

The files that come with the system are examples and can be modified to do what you want.

Linking parameters in a part file to the drawing is easy. Put the parameter in a table with the parameter in the cell. Cell format should be &Description:MDL. This will pull the Description parameter vale from the model into your drawing table.

ProFeature
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

I'm a researcher looking for a solution to create a template that will allow me to send PDF drawings to production.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ProFeature)

The student and academic versions can NOT be used for production work. It is a violation of the license agreement..

ProFeature
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

The parts I make are for research activity.

Top Tags