cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Drawing sections - another oversight?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Drawing sections - another oversight?

Today I found another annoying selection problem in drawing sections. Maybe someone has a Pro|WorkAround^TM.

I had a offset section (model created) in a drawing where I erased all the hatching. Then I wanted to exclude a few components.

I could not select the "hatching" any more since there wasn't any.

Anyone know of a way to bring up the hatch edit dialog when no hatch is visible?

The same problem exists if you accidentally excluded all components.

Turning off the section in the view and then re-initializing it doesn't work either since it seems to remember the last state.

Tips?

Another annoying behavior: excluding components do not update right away.

Not sure what finally does prompt the view to update short of saving, closing, erasing memory, and re-opening.

ref: Creo 2.0 M040

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Inoram)

And I noticed if you pause with the mouse over you do get hover tip. Even though you can see no visible xhatch.

show--xhatch2.JPG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

If I understand what you are asking, if on Layout in the ribbon, you click the view once where the hatch would be (nothing will actually highlight) but then right click and you get this menu, and you see Show and Properties.

show--xhatch.JPG

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

And I noticed if you pause with the mouse over you do get hover tip. Even though you can see no visible xhatch.

show--xhatch2.JPG

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Thanks Matt. This one worked in selecting the xhatch.

Still cannot figure out how to force a "regen" on the -exclude- components.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

I am not sure where you are excluding them from?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

When editing the xhatch in the drawing, and you select a component, you have the option to -exclude- the component from sectioning if the view is of an assembly.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Oh ok, so I loaded a drawing, went to the assembly section, hit Show on the xhatch (cause I had them all off), and then I go to Properties and it has a component selected, then I Exclude, it updates immediately. Are you saying yours does not?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Nope... I have to save, exit, clear memory, and re-open. Creo 2.0 M040.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Ah, interesting. Come to M100 my friend!!!!! hehe, you knew I would say that.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags