cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical wiring w/o Routed Systems?

ptc-726111
1-Newbie

Electrical wiring w/o Routed Systems?

I was wondering how others did electrical wiring in Pro-E without a routed systems module. I have a drawing that contains sketched entities with no reference to the subassembly. The subassemby contains a part model to represent the electrical wiring.

I suspect that the person who created the drawing was accustomed to using AutoCAD for electrical cabling drawings. Those type of drawings typically represent the overall length of the cable, with showing the cable routing.

As I would like to show both the overall length, and cable routing, do anyone have any suggestions? Some of the options I have considered are:

a.. Creating a family table for an overall length, and formed state configuration. An possible option is using ISDX to sketch 3-D curves for routing (easier than using datum points referenced to origion). Can ISDX curves be flattened?
b.. Using the sheetmetal module to create a formed and flattened state. Not sure if this will work with electrical cabling
c.. Exporting the subassembly to SolidWorks, and using SolidWorks routed systems add-in. Then importing the cable files into Pro-E subassemby (after saving as STEP file). However, I prefer not to mix Pro-E assemblies and SolidWorks part drawings on the same project.

Buying a routed systems module for Pro-E in not a current option, and I am only considering only the tools that are part of Pro-E Foundation Advantage (i.e. Pro/Surface, Pro/Sheetmetal, etc.) and the ISDX module. Thanks in advance for your help. I would appreciate any helpful suggestions.

Regards,

Chris

Pro-E WF 3.0, & 2.0 Foundation Advantage, and ISDX (Freeform Surfacing) module
SolidWorks 2007 Office Premium
DesignDataManager

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements