cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Erased views cannot be deleted

Florinel
7-Bedrock

Erased views cannot be deleted

A detail view cannot have any of the names A, B, or C. When trying to delete the sheet, I get a message "Erased views will also be renamed." How to delete those views without deleting the sheet?
I remember a long time ago that there was a command that allowed me to select and delete those views, but I lost that cheat sheet when I changed jobs.
Does any of you remember it?
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please take a look at this article. I've run into the issue described in the past. Using the config option fix_draw_partial_del_bug fixed the issue. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS38939 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Layout Tab > Drawing Models > Del Model

You can't delete a model if views are using it. 

Thank you for the replay, but this is not solving the issue.

The problem is not deleting the model, but deleting erased views. See attached a sample. It is made using Creo 6

Are you able to look at the drawing tree? You can select views to erase and resume from there by picking the view. In my test, I can see the view if it's erased or resumed. I can delete it in either state as well. When a view is erased it appears as a hidden item in the drawing tree. I opened your example but didn't see any erased views on either sheet. Maybe I'm missing something?

Tdaugherty_0-1672338045942.png

Tdaugherty_1-1672338056320.png

The erased views are not in the Drawing Tree.

The detail D cannon be renamed either A, B, or C. This happened because there are erased and not deleted views with those names.

Their contour can be seen if I try to delete the sheet. But I cannot select them otherwise.

Florinel_0-1672340007470.png

Please take a look at this article. I've run into the issue described in the past. Using the config option fix_draw_partial_del_bug fixed the issue. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS38939 

Thank you very much for your help. That solved my problem.

A small follow-up question: would you recommend adding this option to the config.pro for all users? In that way eventually, the old drawings that have this problem will be fixed.

I haven't done enough testing to give you a definitive answer but I think I would say no. When this did occur, we would add this to the user' config temporarily until the issue was resolved. 

Glad this worked!

Top Tags