cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Error - Instance name " encountered in 644 different generic models

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Error - Instance name " encountered in 644 different generic models

I am getting the following error:

instances.JPG

Typically when I get this it has a valid instance name and I find duplicates and correct them.

Any suggestions on this? (Only two systems, so no Windchill here).

Thanks, 

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

Thanks.

Usually the error is: Instance name abcd_1234  encountered in ### different generic models.

I cannot figure out the "

Hi,

look at https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Locating-different-generic-models-that-contain-identical/td-p/566520?art_lang=en&posno=1&q=encountered%20different%20generic%20models&source=search 

It contains your reply ...

reply.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

I am getting the following error:

instances.JPG

Typically when I get this it has a valid instance name and I find duplicates and correct them.

Any suggestions on this? (Only two systems, so no Windchill here).

Thanks, 

Dale

Hi,

it seems to me that I saw this error message once. I'll try to find more information tomorrow.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks.

Usually the error is: Instance name abcd_1234  encountered in ### different generic models.

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

Thanks.

Hi,

look at https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Locating-different-generic-models-that-contain-identical/td-p/566520?art_lang=en&posno=1&q=encountered%20different%20generic%20models&source=search 

It contains your reply ...

reply.png

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Update index did the trick again.

Does anyone know why I might be getting this in the first place and how I can avoid it in the future (besides doing an index update).

FYI - I thought this looked familiar. I guess I need my short term memory to go back more than a couple of years.  🙂

Top Tags