cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Error : License request failed for feature

nprajwal
1-Newbie

Error : License request failed for feature

Hi there,

I installed creo 3.0 student edition first without using the lisense file. (by skipping it). after that, i installed the license file with the simple entry option. But i'm getting this error. Please help me out.

I've attached a screenshot of this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

license information is included in psf-file located in <Creo3_loadpoint>\Creo 3.0\Mxxx\Parametric\bin directory.

To create psf-file you can run reconfigure.exe located in the same directory.

The default file name is parametric.psf. This file contains following lines:

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=PATH_TO_YOUR_LICENSE_FILE

You have to substitute PATH_TO_YOUR_LICENSE_FILE with real path.

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=LICENSE_NAME ()

You have to substitute LICENSE_NAME with real name located on INCREMENT line inside the license file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

license information is included in psf-file located in <Creo3_loadpoint>\Creo 3.0\Mxxx\Parametric\bin directory.

To create psf-file you can run reconfigure.exe located in the same directory.

The default file name is parametric.psf. This file contains following lines:

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=PATH_TO_YOUR_LICENSE_FILE

You have to substitute PATH_TO_YOUR_LICENSE_FILE with real path.

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=LICENSE_NAME ()

You have to substitute LICENSE_NAME with real name located on INCREMENT line inside the license file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi,

the complete text of an error message is written in std.out file. Upload it.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi, I did reconfigure the parametric.psf using reconfigure.exe. The content is as follows..

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat

ENV=CREO_APP=PMA

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student3 ()

and i think this is proper. But i couldn't find the std.out file. can you please tell me where to locate it?

Hi,

std.out is create in Start in directory by default (see Properties of Creo shortcut).

You can also use Windows Search to locate std.out.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Got it.

Files reads as follows

License request failed for feature

Requesting CREOPMA_Student3 ...

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat: (-8) Invalid (inconsistent) license key.

Displaying status for license file: C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat

License In Use Free Version Expire Date SCN

------- ------ ---- ------- ----------- -----

CREOPMA_Student3 Uncounted 34.0 12-mar-2016 Student3 Locked to: 84-4B-F5-DB-B2-4D

CREOLAY_Student3 Uncounted 34.0 12-mar-2016 Student3 Locked to: 84-4B-F5-DB-B2-4D

CREODMA_Student3 Uncounted 34.0 12-mar-2016 Student3 Locked to: 84-4B-F5-DB-B2-4D

Hey there,

It worked after reconfiguring the application. (not the one which was in the parametric folder). I used the setup file and opted reconfigure option in that. Then i selected all the applications in that list and viola, it worked! Thanks for help.

can you explain how you did that because im having the same problem

Top Tags