cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Error installing Creo Design Essentials license (no PLM included)

MS_Santos
14-Alexandrite

Error installing Creo Design Essentials license (no PLM included)

I had Creo 8.0 installed on my machine, and I needed to install Creo 10, but my Flexnet wasn't compatible, so I had to remove everything and install Creo 10 again, but now it doesn't want to install Flexnet again, is there any way to do this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

find someone who can visit you personally and help you to solve the problem.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

find someone who can visit you personally and help you to solve the problem.

Martin Hanák

I was in a similar situation a number of years ago - IT guy renamed our server and didn't tell anyone, then tried to "fix" the Flexnet but instead made it unfixable. The only way I could get it fixed was to get a PTC expert involved. Had to do a remote access with the person so they could do some really obscure things to repair the damage.

The core of the problem when I was dealing with it was that the FlexNet installation was damaged to a point where it was no longer removeable. An uninstall would leave behind files that would prevent a "fresh" install from working. I don't remember exactly, but there might have been some lingering registry entries that were pointing to bad things, or something like that.

These days, when I need to update the FlexNet stuff, I make sure to clean the old stuff out completely before attempting to install the new stuff. It's usually a very nervous and sweaty Saturday morning operation.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags