cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Error missing registry entry

DanKilduff
1-Newbie

Error missing registry entry

hello, I was using PE yesterday fine and when I turned it on today I got the modeling screen but very little else. I was looking at the forums, and turned on the verbose version and got the below error in the command prompt, I then tried restart and then reinstall with no luck. I looked (only looked) in the registry and could not find the ""clsid\{...}"" info either. can anyone help? Command window: Loading C:/Documents and Settings/Dan Kilduff/Application Data/CoCreate/Modeling PE/20.00/sd_data.lsp Finished loading C:/Documents and Settings/Dan Kilduff/Application Data/CoCreate /Modeling PE/20.00/sd_data.lsp Loading C:/Documents and Settings/Dan Kilduff/Application Data/CoCreate/Modeling PE/20.00/all_data.lsp 20.0.0.34 04/11/09 19:01:39 - CLSID\{D554F11D-87A2-4145-B6BA-E5219F131092}\: ERR OR - Cannot find registry entry

2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable
(To:DanKilduff)

On my system, I get that message as well when I run Modeling PE with the console window open, and yet Modeling PE works just fine. This registry warning is harmless; it occurs because Modeling PE is shipped with the .NET API components that would be required to run Modeling PE as a COM or .NET server. One potential reason for your startup issues is that the configuration files in C:\Documents and Settings\Dan Kilduff\Application Data\CoCreate\Modeling PE\20.00 may have been damaged. In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Documents and Settings\Dan Kilduff\Application Data\CoCreate\Modeling PE\, then rename the ""20.00"" directory to something like ""20.00.orig"". Now run Modeling PE again. Hope this helps, Claus
DanKilduff
1-Newbie
(To:)

Thats it, Thank you much.
Top Tags