cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Exception Access Violation (Creo 3.0 M060 constantly crashing)

zyoder-2
5-Regular Member

Exception Access Violation (Creo 3.0 M060 constantly crashing)

I routinely have the program crash 5-15 times daily and every time the traceback read "Exception_Access_Violation".  I have saved an example of the traceback file and the trail file that I can send to help.  I am currently using PTC Creo Parametric 3.0 M060.  I am using a Dell Precision 5510 laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  I also have two display adapters (Intel HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA Quadro M1000M.  I have tried seemingly everything listed on your support page and many (many) other options from the web but none have fixed this issue.  I am fairly certain it has something to do with the graphics setup of my machine but sadly, I have lost all faith in our IT department as they have been unable to even diagnose the problem let alone attempt to fix it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

@zyoder-2

I think you should plan to update datecode of Creo 3.0 to latest available. 

Hi,

try adding following option at the end of config.pro file temporarily.

graphics  win32_gdi

Be patient and work with Creo for one day. If it will not crash then the problem is related to graphics card drivers. You can try installing different driver version provided by Dell (not NVIDIA).

Martin Hanák
zyoder-2
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Sadly, updating to the latest date code isn't possible as it would require a company-wide update.  I have tried adding the graphics  win32_gdi to my config file and the same issues still exist.  Any other possible solutions?  This saddens me as I come from a previous employer that used SolidWorks and a very similar machine and never had these issues.  This doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the use of Creo...

Hi,

you can install latest version of Creo 3.0 just to test if it resolve the problem. The new installation will not replace Creo 3.0 M060 ... you can install more than one version of Creo on your computer.

For example:

• you can install Creo 3.0 M060 into C:\PTC\Creo3_M060 directory
  • AND Creo 3.0 M180 into C:\PTC\Creo3_M180 directory

Note: If your company is ACTIVE PTC customer, then you can open Case at PTC Support, send them traceback.log. They will analyze log file and inform you about the cause of the crash (I hope).

Martin Hanák
Top Tags