cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

FLexLM Liscense management ?

vmhala
6-Contributor

FLexLM Liscense management ?

hey not sure if this is the right forum, but i would like to know if any CAD Admins are using FLexLM License managers ?

How is your experience with different software's available and how is the pricing ?

We are having 10+ application where we need to optimise license cost.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Creo Parametric licensing is based on FLexLM License manager. FLEXlm is provided by PTC for free.

I do not understand your question.

MH

Martin Hanák
vmhala
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

My question is,  which applications do you use to check that your flexlm license is just sufficient? How do you determine that you have not over/under purchased the licenses?

What's the approximate cost you spend on such softwares and what's the cost based upon?

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:vmhala)

Run a search for "license utilization monitoring tools", and you should get a good list.  A few are listed below.

LicenseMonitor - Runtime Inc

Products: What is OpenLM? | OpenLM - Software License Management

https://www.flexerasoftware.com

Best License Management Software | 2017 Reviews of the Most Popular Systems

We looked at a tool a long time ago (>10years) to monitor 100's of licenses.  The cost was based on the number of different license services we needed to monitor, so the cost was high.  We created our own tool because of the cost and other WAN/LAN related requirements.

Good luck.

Regards,

Dan N.

vmhala
6-Contributor
(To:dnordin)

Thanks Dan. I was looking for pricing associated with such softwares.  We have around 10+ flexlm license to monitor and optimize the usage.

I have the idea to develop a Java based app.  Which can do this job but I need to convince management that the cost of this development is justified.

Top Tags