cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Fatal Error - Traceback log

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

Fatal Error - Traceback log

We've been wrestling with the dreaded "fatal error" issue for a while.  Multiple users were receiving it multiple times per day on different unrelated databases.  We upgraded from Creo2 M070 to M200 in hopes of finding a small reprieve, but it just reared it's ugly head a day after the update.  It seems slightly better, but it still happens daily. We now have 9-10 different users that have all experienced it.  Some while adding a chamfer to a part, some while saving a part, others while just trying to open an assembly.  It's inconsistent, and we haven't been able to reproduce it as well.  

I know that this error is sort of a catchall for all hard exits, but does anyone have any insight?  Every user has experienced this error at this point.  We're running Creo2 M200 with Windchill 10.2 M030, W7, on a variety of workstations and laptops.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeMarcoux)

Do you have maintenance?  If so, then I would suggest you start shoveling the traceback logs to tech support and see if they can identify a similarity between them.

Good point.  I'll see if we can compile all the files and send them over.  So far they've requested the files in an effort to reproduce, but we can't send the data (proprietary).  We can't even reproduce it on our end. 

Top Tags