cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Feel like I've been living under a rock - Network installation of Creo 2.0 not supported?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Feel like I've been living under a rock - Network installation of Creo 2.0 not supported?

Ok, just moved to Creo 2.0 and we've tried experimenting with installing Creo as a mapped network application. This is preferred when users lack administrative rights and you have limited IT staff. Great. Installs ok. Starts up, seems to work fine. There are number of little issues with the extra apps it tries to install on startup but those are minor. Ok, let's connect to PDMLink and start working. Wait where did server registry go???

Short summary - if you do not install the Creo Agent (Creo Platform), you cannot save the server registry. Lost when you shut down.
www.utcaerospacesystems.com
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

-----End Original Message-----
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks to all who responded. Once again, email exploders have worked. Are you listening PTC and PTC/User board? On a Friday afternoon, I was able to get two solutions in no time at all. Here are my options:

1. Hidden config enable_creo_srvmgrdb set to no. Disables Creo Agent, works as normal without Creo Agent.

2. Script delete of .do_not_read_config.fld file before startup.
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:avillanueva)

Creo 3 is supposed to have the ability to install and run the Creo Agent from the network install location. This should eliminate the need for the hidden config.pro option. Unfortunately this is not currently working for me. I have a case open with TS to attempt to resolve. FWIW.

Tom U.

[cid:image003.jpg@01CFA5CF.D4923A40]
Top Tags